Maddie asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

Can I lose 20 pounds?

I am 5' 6 and I am 135lbs. I also am 13 years old and I want to lose 10-25 pounds. Can I lose that weight? If so how? PLEASE GIVE ME TIPS!

Favorite Answer

Exercise at least an hour a day. Start off with 30 minutes of jump rope. Every 30 seconds take a 10 second break. When you're done with your 30 minutes of jump rope, take a 1 minute break. For the next 30 minutes, try running. If you're tired jog instead. Don't take breaks in your running/jogging sessions. Try cutting back on the unhealthy snacks, or better eliminate them entirely. Stick to water only. Soda can give you a lot more extra weight than you think. Now these are what i consider the bare minimum of losing 10-25 pounds. Snacks can be very tempting sometimes, you could be lazy on some days. Overcome those. If you stay dedicated every day, you could lose 10 pounds in 8 weeks. and 25 in 3 months. Good luck and don't ever over do it.

Get more active and eat in moderation. Mix more healthy things into your diet and you will find your body being more efficient, hence weight loss. It may take a little while, but its really the best and most healthy way. Just keep it up even if you get tired of working out. Good luck and make sure you have fun. =)

Source(s): Personal Experience.

Losing that much would literally take months. You're a preteen, you want to lose em now but in 3 days you'll never say no to a unhealthy snack. Just relax and be a kid, worry about that later on.

Source(s): 13 years old and comfortable.

At most 10lbs should be lost for your height/age and thats a lot. You continue to grow until you are 23. Most likely the weight will spread out/come off as you grow up.