Will my daughter have blue eyes?

I have greenish hazel eyes,both of my parents have brown eyes, my paternal grand parents have brown eyes, my maternal grandparents have brown and hazel eyes. My uncle, (dads brother) has beautiful blue eyes. Everyone on my paternal grandmothers side of the family with the exception of my dad and grandmother have blue eyes and blonde hair.

My husband has brown eyes, his mother has brown eyes, his grandpa has blue eyes, his grandmother is japanese and has brown eyes.

So if we both carry the recessive gene for blue eyes, what are the chances of our daughter having blue eyes/brown eyes/hazel eyes? She is 6 weeks old right now and has blue eyes and they are getting lighter and more blue everyday it seems.... she also has very light reddish brown hair and fair skin and we both have very dark hair. I didnt know it could be possible for us to have a blue eyed daughter with both of us having brown eyes....

also what are the chances of us carrying the recessive gene for blue eyes? If his grandpa had blue eyes, and my great grandmother has blue eyes and my uncle got the blue eyes.... Would that mean that my husband and I both have that gene?

My husband and my son were both born with their eye color they have now which is brown. My sons finally lightened up from a VERY dark brown, to a somewhat lighter brown, but they are still very dark. My husbands eyes were dark muddy brown when he was born. I of course was born with blue eyes and then they turned the hazel green and they are getting more green every year. My husband is not my sons biological father. his father had black eyes and was cuban/mexican with no blue eyed gene.

Favorite Answer

Isnt it too early to tell, cause her eyes can become green or hazel or brown. I mean most european babies are born blue/grey eyed and their eye color can go from greyish blue to real blue to greenish blue and so on. So the fact that her eye color is becoming bluer is normal. I would bet on green eyes and auburn hair = so pretty! Btw, congrats on becoming mom again!

Source(s): My family has a mix of blue/ green/ hazel / brown eyed people

Yea, it's possible. But some babies are born with blue eyes and it changes to brown over the years. But some stay blue or goes green. The hair that's red is the hair that want to be blond but since there more brunette and the asian genes it's turns red like the mixture of both colour. But as you can she it's mostly brunette. You can can have a blond kid if any a born later.

ALL babies are born with blue eye, and take aboudt 6 weeks to get into their natural colour, but it is posible for her to her have blue eyes and you have brown, its all about the genes in the family:) ox

• sturms

Brown eyes are frequently better notwithstanding it would not assure toddler would have brown eyes. My pal has 2 daughters, one with darkish hair and extremely darkish brown eyes a twin of her mum and the different daughter has very blonde hair with wonderful blue eyes a twin of the daddy. seem on the african couple who had twins and one in each and every of them become black and the different become white and there is not any white genes everywhere of their family individuals?

25 percent

• ?

most likely not. there's about a twenty percent chance of it. blue eyes are recessive.

It's likely she'll be born with them, but they may change when she grows older.