having problems using Yahoo site?

i can use my email fine but when i wish to navigate the news on Yahoo.com i keep running in to errors

example w hen clicking on a headline i just got: Sorry, Bad Request.

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

would like to be able to contact Yahoo themselves to find out whats going on

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Since so many users are all having this same problem at the same time, it is probably not your computer or browser. Yahoo is doing upgrades and maintenance on the site and it is causing disruptions. You will probably have to wait. That "bad request" message is false. The size of the request header does NOT exceed the server limit.

• 9 years ago

Most likely, you simply have a bad cache file. Happens a LOT on Yahoo sites. Clear your history, temporary files (be patient) & cookies, then restart the computer and retry. This HELP link has instructions: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/se... .

Update java, flash and browser, also, if needed. Or try a different browser. If you still think you need to contact Yahoo, Yahoo Customer Service Info:

866-562-7219 or 408-349-3300

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/for...

(live HELP chat link available above)

Yahoo Personal Email: 866-492-4664 (small fee)

8am - 5pm M-F (Pacific Time)

cc-advoc@yahoo-inc.com or

mail@cc.yahoo-inc.com

• 9 years ago

Its yahoo themselves.

But to contact, just yell "YAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" really loud to the right of you!

... nah really.. lol Heres your real answer. ;-)

You go to Yahoo! Help.

You go through the questions, and tell them you didn't get the answer to your question, then it will come up with a place to contact them via email.

Then choose which email is the best to use to contact them.

Then you will get a refrence number that you can use to see whats up and why they aren't answering you with.

Source(s):

did it a few days ago.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.