Anonymous

Is College admissions getting harder?

I just want to know.I have one bad semester and I don't want to end up getting rejected. I tried to talk to peers and go on the internet but it's not really helping and it's better to have the opinions of many.

Favorite Answer

I don't think they're getting harder. My little brother got into all the colleges to which he applied. I was surprised because his average couldn't be more than 60%. It depends on what you are applying for, like, how competitive the program is, how many people are applying, etc.

Just try your hardest, see if you can find the admission average, or contact a program coordinator.

Source(s): I'm in my last of University and have been applying to college programs.

Generally- No. But a LOT does Depend on the School You want to Go to... So Your BEST "Bet" ( as Always), is to do your BEST in High School, Apply to as MANY Colleges as You can afford to, -& keep Your Fingers "Crossed"- that You get into One that's near the TOP of Your List !! :)

Source(s): Reality.
  • Brian

It hasn't gotten harder in the past decade, but admissions to in-state colleges are tougher because of the economic times.

• Well, they got harder between the 90s and 2004.

It hasn't changed since 2004, so I'd say No.