What does this mean with ex boyfriends family?

I spent 4 years with my ex boyfriend. He broke up with me because he wasn't ready to get married, and I was. We remain on good terms, and are friends. He emails me for silly reasons, and he occasionally stops by my office. I miss my ex terribly, but I have been casually seeing someone else and he might think I am over him.

He does not have a Facebook, but his Cousins and Brother's girlfriend do. They are aware we broke up.

Last weekend, I was camping near them, and his Dad came running up to me and said 'Give your old man a hug' and his brother was talking to me for a while. I was surprised they knew it was me, because I have a completely different car than the last time I saw them.

His brother then brought over his girlfriend and her Mother. The Mother was saying she only met me once before, but she really liked me and wanted to catch up.

I thought that was so sweet to catch up with them.

Then I posted that I got a 4.0 GPA this semester, and his Cousin (Who is also his room-mate) was asking me advice on classes and congratulating me on my accomplishment.

They are very friendly and always interact with me.

Even more than when we were together. Is this a good sign? What does it mean?

Favorite Answer

Have you been plowing others while leeching off of him? This is truly an addictive stage of "Wh0aring."

Source(s): Bubba has spoken.

It sounds like you really love him - are you still not over him?

It has been four years, a people mature a lot in that time. Perhaps talk to him and consider getting back together with him, if that is what he wants too. What do you have to lose, really? You might as well try.

And as for the marriage thing. . . I can see your point. Personally I would like to marry when I am older and it would really cause a problem for me if my partner didn't want to. But if you really do love someone and you are meant to be with them, the issue of not getting married shouldn't be a problem. What is marriage, at the end of the day? It is just a piece of paper, a "contract". I don't think a lack of marriage should stop you being with the person you love.

I think his family are just genuinely nice people so don't read too much into your meeting with them. You seem like a nice person so they probably do think that you were good for your ex. Don't take it as a huge sign though - it could have just been a coincidence.

But yeah, I think it sounds like you need to rethink what you want. Personally I don't think you should give up on the guy you love just because he doesn't want to get married. If he doesn't want children, then that is a different matter. But marriage? Don't let it destroy a relationship. If you are meant to be with him, then be with him, marriage or no marriage.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do :) I hope this helped you :)

Perhaps your ex-boyfriend's family is more aware of his feelings than he is of his.

Perhaps they remember, when you and your boyfriend were dating, all the good things he talked about you.

Or maybe they just want to make it clear they don't have any hard feelings against you.

It sounds like he still likes you. Has he been going out with any other women? It's fine to still love him--but are you IN love with him, still? If you want to still date this other guy, just see where it goes, that is fine. Just let your ex-boyfriend know you're dating, but you still care for him very much and (if this is true) you're sure you won't find another guy you enjoy being around like him.

• sturms

if you're with someone for 4 years, they'll evaluate you as family individuals. My ex fiance and that i chop up over 3 years in the past and that i communicate over including his family individuals each and each and every of the time. until eventually now I moved out of state few months in the past, i'd go over there have dinner including his mom and each and everything. Him and that i are large acquaintances now. for sure it really is a robust signal, potential you've been a robust lady friend and savour you! They likely favor to work out you with their ex again contained in the destiny.

His family like you, they may think you're the best thing that happened in their sons/brothers life. The problem here is he doesn't want you anymore and the relationship was between you and him and not with his family.

You may have to just move on and find a man who'll give you everything you want in life. Although with this new guy make sure you know where he stands with marriage before you get your heart broken again.

The family appreciates you which is a good thing. Maybe they want to become closer so you will end up with their son. Careful not to overthink it. Good luck :)

It means that they really like you and your ex MIGHT still have feelings for you!

They just like you.

He dosnt like you.

Simple,amen >.<

they seem to be very pleased with you