Jesse asked in SportsFootball (American) · 9 years ago

What football position should I play?

I'm going into 8th grade and I'm wondering. I'm always QB when I play with my cousins. I'm about 5 feet 5 foot 1 and I way 115. All I know is wide receiver Is out. I can run about a normal speed and I'm working on conditioning I'm just trying to get a position or 2 to train for

Favorite Answer

Based on your height and weight, I believe that you will make a very good fit at quarterback. You have the ideal size for an 8th grade quarterback.

What you need to do this upcoming (and every) offseason is eat healthy, and exercise by doing a lot of running every day. Personally, I recommend a calorie intake of 1800-2200, as well as at least one hour of running, per day. If you do these two things, you will get faster, stronger, and into better shape, which will greatly improve your chances of becoming a successful quarterback in football.

I was a quarterback in 8th grade at the weight of 120 and 5'7 your the perfect size for a quarterback 95% of middle school quarterbacks really are in a running system where the team runs the ball more then passing so train on throwing and running. You'll probably have to do qb sneaks a few times a game.

• John

Tight End, Or running back too short for QB. I was a TE in middle school and I was 5'2" at 13. He,s 5'1" not 5'7" and what do you know i've played football what were you a cheerleader. The tallest kid that played was 5'8" WR he was too skinny for a lineman.No If your 5'1" TE or RB or try telling the coach he's wrong see where that gets you. I was short for a tight end but I was quick.

• RM

Go ask a football coach. No one here knows anything about you and what you can or can't do.