how many tablets of ibuprofen can i take?

Is it okay for me to take two 600 mg tablets of ibuprofen all at once when I'm 51 kg? or 112 pounds

• Alex
    Favorite Answer

What dosage were you recommended?

If you weren't given a specific dosage then read the back of the packet for a general recommended dose.

The usual adult dose for pain relief is 400-800mg every 4-6 hours.

I would just take one if each tablet is 600mg and possibly add another half tablet if the pain is very bad.

http://www.drugs.com/dosage/ibuprofen.html

If this dose is prescribed for a particular reason, then yes.

Otherwise this is way to large a dose. Ibuprofen is an anti- inflamatory and thins the blood.

200 mg is often enough for a headache, 10% of 1200 mg.

1200 mg. is like shooting a fly with an elephant gun

Always use medication carefully.

Hope this helps

Chrissie RN

Source(s): I am a nurse

doing that once shouldn't hurt. But if you are having a headache you can get rid of it and help keep it from coming back by freeing up your neck muscles, for they are the cause of your pain. The neck muscles go to the top of your head where they connect to muscles going around your head. When the neck muscles get tight they pull the head muscles into pain and that's your headache. Freeing up your neck muscles prevents the head muscles from going into pain and here's how to free them up:

Neck Release:

Place your hands behind your head touching your fingers. Press into the back of your neck with them and hold the pressure on them. After 45 seconds slowly lower your head until your neck is fully extended. Release the pressure but hold your head there for another 30 seconds.

For best results relax your body first by taking a deep breath and exhaling then remain this relaxed.

I take 2 but mine are 200 mg. You should go and ask a doctor about it :)