word
word asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 9 years ago

Guys, do you care if the girl you're dating still lives with her parent's?

Of course not! Not much is expected of women but to look good because they're sex objects.

Women on the other hand expect a lot more out of a man because we're not just sex objects. We are providers. Women are not.

Oh really, women?! So you don't care if the guy you date still lives with his parents because you see yourself as the provider??

I like to make people think ;p

• sturms

it is component to growing to be up. you've a range to make between some thing you want and some thing your mothers and fathers want for you. you need to decide what value you're keen to pay. On one hand, it is your relationship, no longer theirs. you need to manage how others manage you (rightly or wrongly) at the same time as they see you 2 collectively. in case you eventually end up with this guy, then some thing of your life will be uncomfortable on the dinner table around the vacations. Your mothers and fathers ought to even disown you. on the different hand, at your age, danger is the relationship gained't very last very lengthy. Are you keen to distance your self out of your relatives likely to the point of no go back over some momentary heart fling? Welcome to the fellow international the position you may do even if you wish. The section human beings do not allow you to recognize is it is needed to pay on your options. you've were given to pay the piper in case you want to bop.

Yes, I do. I only date in a ten-year margin, and I'm 55.

Any western woman 45-65 who still lives with her parents has a problem, one that I want no part of.

If she comes from a non-western culture, or they're invalids or something, I can see it, but would still be suspicious.

.

• Photon

Guys don't care. This is why men are partly responsible for the double standards that women live by.

Word to those who shed some light on this little fact. :)

You make me laugh!

Word!

How old are the couple in question I think that matters with this question?

And what are the circumstances? If its a transition faze on either end who cares or temporary (really just temp). Or if they are a caregiver (like a needed one).

I would say if they are older & not in college or anything or having any sort of transition where one would understand its weird on either end.

I moved out from my parent's after getting married. My husband didn't care..

Lol, you love poking women don't you? Anyway I love shy girls so I don't care if she still lives with her parents.

Huh?

You're going to try to paint your opinion as a universal double standard, aren't you?

ARGH!