Is my belly button piercing okay?

I got it done 5/6 days ago, it's only a tiny bit sore when i sit slouchy. It's a bit red around the bottom hole and i teeny bit itchy. There's no swelling or puss but i just wanted to check:) my piercer told me that there was no need to use stuff to clean it with as long as i was keeping good hygeine. I shower/was it 1/2 times a day and i use salt solution on it once a day. Is this alright?!

Favorite Answer

wait wait... you take a half a shower? ... now there's your problem!

That's perfectly normal.

But what your piercer told you was wrong, you want to was it once a day with an oil free antibacterial soap(Dial liquid soap works the best. It's also recommended most,)

As far as the salt solution, that's the thing that isn't necessary, salt solutions are more for facial piercings.

If you don't make sure it's washed properly, it will have puss and get nasty.

Source(s): I have my bellybutton pierced. I've also grown up being around a tattoo/piercing shop.

It sounds like it's healing well and that's perfectly normal. It's normal for it to be red, it's due to the trauma from the needle and your skin is just trying to heal. Slight itching is normal too. You're cleaning it well and nothing sounds off so you should be alright. Just keep up with the cleaning, be careful of clothes tugging on it, and your piercing should heal up fine soon. Good luck!

Source(s): My navel piercing.
  • Yes you're doing everything right. You barely just got it pierced so its normal for it to be sore like that. Just as long you're cleaning it, you should be perfectly fine and try not to touch it or fiddle with it.