Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 9 years ago

What is the level of this russian?

Asked this already but got conflicting answers, from medium level russian to really basic russian that takes only a couple of weeks to learn.

I have just started learning russian with the goal of being able to complete this test by the end of 2013

http://www.examinations.ie/archive/exampapers/2011...

note: some of the questions are in Irish but just ignore them and read the English parts as I assume most people here don't speak Irish. Anyway for those that speak russian what is the level of that Russian and is it unrealistic to expect to get good enough to be able to get an A in that?

For those of you that do not want to click the link, here is an extract from the test:

Я пошел погулять. Иду по улице, смотрю на дома и вдруг вижу Лену! Я спросил, что она здесь делает.

Она сказала, что идет в магазин за хлебом. Она здесь живет с родителями! У них дача напротив! Какой

кошмар! Я должен встречаться с Леной в школе, потому что она моя одноклассница. Я должен

встречаться с Леной во дворе, потому что мы живем в одном доме. Мы соседи. А теперь я должен

встречаться с Леной на даче, потому что мои родители купили дачу рядом с дачей Лениных родителей!

Да, я забыл сказать, они это сделали специально. Мои родители дружат с родителями Лены. Нет,

родители у Лены нормальные, они мне даже нравятся. Но Лена… Но теперь Лена – моя соседка. Лена –

моя соседка в Москве. Лена – моя соседка на даче. Это кошмар. Почему мой друг Олег – не мой сосед.

Почему

What would that standard be?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

this is beginners level

Source(s): Russian
  • 9 years ago

I would say it's relatively simple. The vocabulary used is quite limited and includes all the usual suspects that a first year student of Russian would expect to learn (bread, house, shop etc.). I don't think it's too much to hope for to be able to read something like this with two years of solid practice under your belt.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.