Is there a new season of Torchwood?

I want to know and is it like Dr. Who?

Favorite Answer

There is going to be a new Torchwood in 2012, like Doctor Who. Torchwood is similar to Doctor Who in relation to the character Captain Jack Harkness. The Torchwood Institute is a group of alien fighters who defend Earth. The company was introduced by Queen Victoria (Doctor Who: Tooth and Claw). Torchwood is a spinoff of Doctor Who and constantly clashes in events and reference.

Source(s): Dw fan

I watched all of Torchwood, Miracle Day season which is On Demand via my provider right now. It was different from Dr. Who but very good. Older episodes are running on BBCAmerica now too but they are from a couple of years back. They are out of sequence for me but still enjoyable to watch.

Depending where you live it's rerunning where I live on december 28th, yes there was a new season, the fourth one. It aired july 11th. It's not really like Dr. who, they do have some aliens.