Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareMonitors · 9 years ago

Which is best to purchase LCD monitor or HD Monitor?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You comparing apples and oranges, one is the type of screen, the other is the type of signal the TV receives.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Most LCD Monitors are HD Monitors, and HD is not an indication of the display. It just tells you that the display has a resolution of x720p or higher. Plasma, LED and LCD and even CRTs can be HD Monitors, so I do not really understand your question but I still hope that my answer helps...

Also there is no real difference between LCDs and LED Monitors since a so called LED Monitor is an LCD Monitor which has Light emitting diodes on the side to provide contrast and brightness. That also explains why many of the companys write LED Backlit display. An LED backlit display is often misleadingly named an LED display..

• 9 years ago

LCD and HD are two different things. For example, you can get a monitor that is both HD AND LCD, and you can get monitors that are neither. HD just means it has a resolution of either 1280x720 or 1920x1080 (720p and 1080p, respectively). LCD refers to the type of monitor. Most computer monitors these days are either LCD or LED. LEDs are thinner typically, but LCDs are cheaper.

• Steven
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

HD- high definition 280×720 pixels (720p) or 1,920×1,080 pixels (1080i/1080p).

Source(s): IMHO
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.