Could anyone help me solve this schematic?

So i connected everything i had to, a little explanation:

I excluded R2 since i seen comments on this schematic and i concluded that light don't even come on if you include both, R1 and R2. I connected R1 i the base of T1, i also connected R1 to the R3 pot,and i connected emitter of T1 and C1 to pot R3, all three of them are connected to pin 1 of R3, i connected pin1 and pin3 of pot and finally connected pin 2 (output to LED1). Collector of T2 is connected to output of LED1 as well. Pin 2 of C1 is connected to R1 and emitter of T2. Collector of T1 is connected to the base of T2 through R4. Positive terminal of battery is connected to (+) of LED1 through R5. And for the end, i connected C2(electrolyte) in parallel with battery.

Result of this is near nothing, to be precise, only result i get i glowing LED, no oscilation is formed, no frequency...

Picture of assembled circuit on breadboard and schematic:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45713278@N02/65505064...

http://www.aaroncake.net/circuits/jammer.asp?showc... <<< schematic

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You list a long list of changes, which I cannot follow, sorry. Why would you make 7 different changes to a circuit and expect it to work?

The schematic has one problem that I can see immediately, you cannot put LEDs in parallel, they each need their own limiting resistor.

Second, there are no component values listed at all.

This seems to be a free running oscillator, but can't be sure without careful analysis, which I can't do without values. And that isn't counting the numerous changes you list.

• 4 years ago

recommend you potential the circuit and with a appropriate meter be sure the voltage at each and each ingredient junction. Mark up your schematic drawing with the voltages and attempt to evaluate if there are any oddities. If this does not help you remedy it, then submit the marked-up schematic right here. it is perplexing to persist with the present state with no circuit schematic.

• 9 years ago

Perhaps, it did oscillate at high frequency. If more than 1000Hz, LED lights up as continue motion because our eyes cannot catch very fast blinking. Use a scope can tell it is oscillate or not. By the way, how could you are able to see IR LED lights up ?? Because IR ray cannot be seen with human eyes.

This is a IR jamming device, not for blinking light.

• GRAHAM
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Suggest you show a sketch of what you have put in words above. It is difficult to follow, even with the original schematic. Showing some measured voltages would be helpful.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

You need R2 otherwise Q1 will never turn on and the circuit won't oscillate.

• D g
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

if the frequency is to interupt a remote control the oscilation may be too high for you to see..

the typical remote control has a modulation frequency of 40khz so you would have to send a signal at that frequency in order to corrupt it

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

LOL...who are you trying to annoy?? :-)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.