Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 9 years ago

Why are people such cry babies about 5,000 dying in the Iraq war?

5,000 is tragic. Each life lost is tragic, no doubt, but Cmon! It's peanuts compared to how many died in the Vietnam war! Civil war, which, let's face it, was fought over slavery, had half a MILLION casualties! And that was in the 1800's. Then don't forget WW I & II. Those lives were not lost in vain. Remember, they attacked us first on 9/11. All we did was settle the score. As far as Saddam, I don't really care if he had weapons of mass destruction. Saddam had to be taken down. He commited mass genocide, gassed women and children, tortured untold numbers of people, thumbed his nose at the United Nations. Bush's mistake was warning Saddam that they would send inspectors for wmd a WHOLE YEAR, NO ALMOST TWO YEARS IN ADVANCE. Even when the deadline was up, Bush still waited 6 months to send inspectors. No wonder our military didn't find any wmd! If I had an entire army at my disposal to hide my wmd, and if I had 3 years to do it, with vast deserts and mountains in my region, I promise you no one would ever find them. Could be worse you know. Could always be worse. We could be at 50,000 casualties. How would you like that?

Favorite Answer

Its not peanuts and its not 5000. Americans weren't the only ones who died there. Any death in war is tragic and do you want to walk up to a soldier's mother and tell her to stop being a cry baby over the loss of her son when some soldier died in Vietnam? They both gave up their lives and you can not compare one of their deaths as meaning more than the other. Civilians died too as it happens in war. You can't dismiss those deaths either.

I expect we're not done in the middle east. Israel is going to bomb Iran and American troops will roll in on the ground. No doubt, we're only sending back the troops. Ever wonder why we're leaving the equipment over there? This whole spy drone thing only accentuates the hostility. I say we leave and let them kill each other, then we go after the last man standing (if they're even a real threat to us, otherwise leave them the hell alone.)

that was bush's only mistake?i think if you did your research you'll realise that bush made a lot more mistakes than that regarding 9/11!As for the 5000 people dying, dont be so heartless. you wouldnt be saying that if they were you family members who died in the war!

Well, yeah more people have died in other wars, but ANY loss is sad. If just one person died I'd be sad, especially if it was someone I was close to. Have a heart.

• ?

Thank you Talking Point Ted

5000 is nothing to our population. If people didnt die in wars the world would have been destroyed by overpopulation years ago.

ur not human, any loss of life deserves grieve.. those numbers are in the now, should ppl just say meh and ignore it..