Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsRodents · 9 years ago

My gerbil is missing a finger?

my gerbil (Squirt) is missing a finger on it's left hand. She also has a mouth problem. The mouth problem was caused by a fight by my other gerbil (R.I.P. didn't die by injuries, but by choking) the finger was missing LONG after the fight. Does anybody have any ideas on what I can do?

Other info: I can't bring my gerbil to a vet because she too old to go to a vet.

Favorite Answer

If she lost the finger a while ago, then she should be fine. Dose it look like she's in pain? Is she constantly messing with her paw? If so, I would take her to a vet. Hope this helps! XD

• Alex

She lost her finger from a fight a while ago? No, you can't really do anything. But, if it looks infected take her to see a vet to get it cleaned so it can heal.

And a mouth problem? It's hard to tell you what to do if you don't say what the injury is exactly.

If nothing else, see a vet.

I took my 3 yr old hammie to a vet.

No animal is too old to go to a vet. It's mostly old animals that DO go to the vets, so please take her. She could be fine, but it's best to get her checked out.

bring him to a vet.

Source(s): me