Please help!?! How would I address the emperor of Japan....?

..If I am writing a letter to him. Of course I am not writing a letter to the emperor of Japan, but in my Modern Global class I have to write a letter to the Japanese emperor telling him why Japan should modernize. I am a daimyo writing this to him. I obviously cannot say, "dear emperor" so what should I say? Also how should I sign it off, "Your loyal servant" or "your humble servant". Please, I am not cheating, I am just asking for a little help, because obviously I don't write letters to the emperor very frequently...

What I meant was, I am not writing a REAL letter to the emperor. It is just a class assignment and the only person reading it will be my teacher.

Favorite Answer

The way you should address the Emperor is "His Imperial Majesty." So in this case your letter will start off with "Your Imperial Majesty".