PETER K asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

i want to build on 40lbs mostly muscle, what should my diet be?

i weigh 135 i go to the gym 4-5 times a week, and i wanna put on about 40 lbs.

I have 3 months to do this.

what should my diet be? like how much protein per day?

how much calories?

what foods could help me?

thanks

40 pounds of muscle in 3 months is physically impossible. Not improbable, not extremely hard to do, but impossible.

Assuming you are extremely diligent and hardworking in an out of the gym, you will gain at most, 1 pound of muscle a week. This equates to 12 pounds in your 3 month period, maximum and since you aren't a professional bodybuilder, you won't even get that much.

To gain muscle, you typically want to consume about 1 gram of protein per pound of your current weight over the course of the entire day. You need to split up the consumption, or you will end up excreting or flatulating it all out if you consume it all at one time. Any foods that are high protein or complex carbohydrates for energy throughout the day will be necessary.

If you pracise hard in gym you will need 4000-5000 KCalories. You may be supplied with 500 gram of Carbohydrate. A great emphasis should be given on protein supply(1-1.2 g/Kg of your body weight). Eat more eggs as it is called reference protein that means 100 gram egg albumin (white part) will produce 100 gram muscle. This value is almost totally applicable for young children but adults are also well to do. take less fatty food.

Hope you will gain your desired fitness ASAP.

Source(s): Clinical Dietics and Nutrition by F.P. Antia and Philip Abraham

EAT LIFT EAT EAT LIFT EAT EAT LIFT EAT SLEEP REPEAT EAT TONS OF HIGH CAL FOODS LIKE BACON LOTS OF MEATS JUST BE A BEAST BRUH!

Source(s): Experience 6'4 265 4% fat