Did Obama win because there are more blacks in the country?

The white men who used to run the country are decreasing, especially since more immigrants are coming in, jobs are being outsourced, and unemployment rate is growing which means crime will go up. My question now is, did he win because a much higher percentage of blacks or hispanics voted for him? A lot of democrats thought they were going to have the country back then it all blew.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

He won because a majority of voters--the vast majority of whom are not black or hispanic--preferred his policies over that of the Republicans. Why does the right find it so hard to believe that a non-white could become president based on merit?

• 9 years ago

African-Americans represented about 13% of the electorate that elected Obama (2% more than last election).

The other 87% of the 70 million who elected him voted for him and his policies.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

They tuuk arr juuubz!

Don't worry cletus whites are still the majority for now. Plus black people in jail cant vote, and that's a big percentage right? lol anyway...i think what you need to worry about is them there pot smoking white hipsters who thinks is cool and ultra liberal to have a black president and a Toyota that runs on pixie farts.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

He won because the GOP had abused Americans for 14 years and people were tired of seeing their country and Constitution treated like trash.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • NONAME
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Well whites are still the majority but there was enough of other races besides black who didn't want to be called a racist that ulitmatly Obama won.

• 9 years ago

No. It's funny how racist whites are upset that if someone is lucky enough to get a job they hire the smartest person now & not the whitest. Happy Kwanzaa to you & yours.

Source(s): 2 of the 3 voices in my head
  • 9 years ago

no that is racist....he won because people(Black and White) voted for him because he had a good platform....when Obama won i was 17 years old but if i was able to vote i would have voted for him and i'm white...my parents voted for him and they are white...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.