Why do muslims say that a woman can't rule a country?

Look at the Russian Queen she turned Russia into the biggest empire of the world. The whole a woman isn't qualified because they are too emotional is bullshit. I can say that men are more aggressive than women which brought on wars after wars. So does this mean that they shouldn't rule a country either? Do muslims man have really small ***** and feel the need to treat women like **** to feel better about themselves?

21 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Why is everyone assuming she is comparing America to other countries or that she is American? The asker never stated ANYTHING about America.

Anyways, I wouldn't say that only Muslims say this as many people from many countries do. If you look at the 2008 Presidential campaign in the U.S., people were saying the same stuff you said about not voting for Hillary Clinton. Simply because she is a woman.

History has already shown that women can rule countries so the proof is already there. The problem is that in many societies women are still treated like second class citizens with the numerous stereotypes about femininity. The whole 'more emotional' thing is basically bull. Everyone has emotions and it depends on how the person was raised and brought up and which society they grew up in as to the amount they show emotions. Take the Japanese for example, both the women and men do not show emotion, both do not rule with emotion either. In fact, in their society, the show of emotion is highly discouraged and inappropriate. That alone disqualifies the myth that women are more emotional.

Women can rule just as well if not better than men. The problem here is that the issues with women's rights are a global one and many misconceptions have linked into other societies. This is what women would have to get through to become leaders so the path to leadership is 10 times harder for a woman...not because of her gender but because of the societal blocks.

Check out: 1249-50 Regent Shajarat al-Dur of Egypt and Syria

1250 Sultan Regnant (Queen of the Muslims)

1250-57 Co-ruler

She was the woman in charge even though her husband held on to the 'crown' (sort of speak) since he had no say in commands.

@Islam: Using your examples does not prove that women cannot rule either. Your examples are weak as Sarah Palin did not step down from being governor because of stress...she did it because of the media attention and because of the fact that people were trying to dig things up on her. MANY male politicians have done this, especially after their sexual affairs are discovered or their spending the tax payers money has been found out (if you notice, female politicians are not the ones stepping down most of the time due to sex scandals). Also, Michele Bachmann wants to bomb everything because she is conservative, not her emotions. And being that she is 55, I'm not sure if she is getting periods anymore...

• ?
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

I honestly don't know anything about the Russian Queen. Anyways, don't forget Queen Elizabeth (she ruled England pretty good and made it prosper). The English loved her and said God show how much he could take care of them by letting a woman rule. Elizabeth had the good heart of a woman for she liked to show affection to the common people, but did not let her heart stop her from dealing harshly with those that plotted death to her. She liked to learn and instead of marrying devoted her time to her country. She liked pretty gowns and jewelry but was also frugal and did not act haughty for she was know to wear plain gowns to separate her from Mary. I am sure America can get a female president in the future but we do not want a idiot like Hilary Clinton in charge. Most people will want someone like Elizabeth.

Source(s): Islam I am going to agree with childOFT on this. Michele Bachmann is a conservative and therefore has no problems bombing violent enemies (even if the enemy is in a foreign country with civilians). In honesty you would probably think Queen Elizabeth was crazy for if she was an American in this age she would have no problem going after anyone violently threating her or her country and then she would accept roses from common women and greet the common people and talk nicely to them.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

I do believe woman can rule a country, but unfortunately too many men (and some women as well) can´t believe a woman has brains. I do believe men are natural ´leaders´ and women are more caring, yet look at Thatcher with her famous line ´I WANT MY MONEY BACK!´ That´s obviously a leader, while some male leaders could learn from her.

This isn´t just Islamic. I don´t think Hillary Clinton could ever be a president.

• 9 years ago

Salam Based on the Qur'an and hadith a woman/wife could not rule the family not a country,because Allah says in the Qur'an that Allah created man physically stronger than woman so he as a husband should rule(become leader) in the family.That is why a woman in INDONESIA which its population mostly muslims could be a president,a premier,a minister,a governor etc But although she is a president of the biggest country,in the family she should respect her husband as the head of the family although her salary and her occupation is much higher than her husband In the Qur'an there is a story about Queen Balqist who ruled a kingdom from Yemen converted to Islam and got married with Soleiman prophet in Yerrusalem the wealthiest prophet

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • bayird
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

maximum appropriate a rustic is a large accountability ,and desires know-how. and that i think of if the female is particular of her know-how and character and a powerful muslim she would manage to rule. and the holy Qur'an mentions the tale of Saba Queen ,she improve into somewhat worth-totally being the ruler simply by her know-how and mind , and while she found out that Islam is the best she submitted to Allah and that's yet another clue of ways sensible she improve into . even with that i think of adult males are greater in a position for it.

• 9 years ago

"Do muslims man have really small ***** and feel the need to treat women like **** to feel better about themselves?"

Woah woah woah, calm down, I'll have you know Pakistan had a female Prime Minister, Benazir Bhutto

Tell me, when was the last time America had a female President? Oh that's right, NEVER, what does that say about American men?

You know what, I'm not even going to generalise, it doesn't say anything about American men, it just says you're an idiot :)

----------------------------

"The whole a woman isn't qualified because they are too emotional is bullshit."

Just so you know, the way you're talking says otherwise ;)

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Hey people shouldn't hate people 4 being ambitious. males can be ambitious so can females. Margaret thatcher ruled Britain for a long time. look it up.

• Bburak
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Your answer lies in Quran

[4.34] Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great.

Don't be tricked with these feminist ideology. Allah decided man as the leader of family and it leads man to lead the country. Some ladies explained good. What is the job of man? Let them to it.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

you obviously havent heard of the Queen Rania of Jordan, have you? she may just be "a wife" but she is very powerful as a women in the middle east. look her up, you will change your mind!

• 9 years ago

History proves women can rule and run a country.

Bhutto,Thatcher and Golda Meir will do for starters

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.