Will the Air Force pay for my student loans while I'm in DEP?

do you guys know if the AF will pay for it after I sign the contract? If not, when will they start paying it for me?

• Mrsjvb
    Favorite Answer

student loans do not start being paid off until you report to your first duty station. BTW the AF maxes out at $10K right now so it is foolish to take CLRP and forfeit the GI Bill.

• Remy

You aren't in the service until you're in. Right now you can still back out without consequences, so why on earth would the government take the risk and start paying off your loans? And that's only if you signed up with that program. You don't have benefits until you're actually in and that doesn't happen until you've gone through all the processing.

The only way they will pay anything is if you enlisted with the Student Loan Repayment Program IN your enlistment contract. And then they will only pay federally backed loans and then they will not pay ANYTHING until you are fully MOS/AFSC qualified. You have to meet your end of the bargain first. The USAF CLRP repayment maximum is $10,000 per recruit.

DEP just means that you and the selected service have agreed to a length of service and a ship date, and maybe job training. You are NOT in the service while in DEP. You receive no pay or benefits..

you are able to, yet do not do it basically to stave off pupil loans in case you will not have the skill to end the completed semester. you are able to desire to be eligible to for some style of deferment or forbearance as a substitute of going to college, touch your lender to be sure.