Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRap and Hip-Hop · 9 years ago

Can a brown person be a rapper?

Hi, I'm a teen and I really want to be a rapper.

I'm from England but I'm of asian heritage, so I'm brown.

I know rappers are mostly blacks, and Eminem opened doors for whites to give it a go, but there's never been a big brown rapper, so would people judge me and would I not get signed?

I know some Americans think of all browns as Muslims, and all Muslims as terrorists so maybe that would be an issue, but I'm a Sikh, although I'm not sure if many Americans know what Sikhism is (I'm mentioning Americans because I want to be big in America too). I would really appreciate any answers, and will give 10 points to the best one!

Favorite Answer

sikh ? dont you have to take amrit to be a sikh?

• smolen

For the affection of god, chris brown is a rnb artist, he sings and does no longer rap. A rapper might be twista or eminem, they're truly rappers, concentrate to them then you're going to no what a rapper appears like

I'm going to answer this truthfully, If you was American and Asian or a terrorist whatever you are, anyway if you were American/Asian you probably wouldn't be famous, unless you want to be like that Far East Movement motherfuckers. See Asians have voices that ain't good for hardcore rap ****, It just don't sound hard or whatever, It appalls. It's for, again that party **** like Far East Movement or Black Eyed Peas. But British/Asian should be good. Good luck mate.

what makes rap different from annoying pop music is that its all about being able to come up with clever rhymes not singing about a girl you never met. if you have rhyming skills you can rap and should go for it.

What does color have to do with being a rapper?

Color Race Or Creed does matter my brother long you can spit and have skills and be your self you will make it

• Nick

You do know that black people aren't really black they are mostly brown.......... But yeah it don't matter if you have talent

race ias not an issue just be nice and you be good

Source(s): imma gamer

You can be anything you want to be, skin color shouldn't matter.

• Cj

anyone can be a rapper..