Ish asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 9 years ago

Which is correct? Grammar help?

"Who deleted the picture of her and I?" or "Who deleted the picture of her and me?"

8 Answers

Relevance
  • pat z
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

..."her and me"... because "who" is the subject, "deleted" the verb and "the picture of you and me" the object.

To "double-check", lose all the extras: "Who deleted me?" ("Who deleted I" sounds quite weird, yes?)

Source(s): My mother, the language fascist. Thanks, Mom.
  • 9 years ago

Who deleted the picture of her and me.

The best way to determine which to use to take out the other subject from the sentence.

If you eliminated the word her, who deleted the picture of me would be correct. That's how you decide.

• 9 years ago

Hi,

Grammatically, the two pronouns are objects of the preposition "of," so you use the objective case, her and me. As a practical matter, just eliminating one of the pronouns will usually tell you which sounds correct if you're a native English speaker. Despite all of that, the statement would sound a little better if you said, "Who deleted the picture of Janet (or whoever it is) and me?"

formeng

• 9 years ago

It's me, actually. Just omit "her". Who deleted the picture of me? That's the test, omit the other person.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Tommy
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

I'd just say: "who deleted our pictures?"

• 9 years ago

Who deleted the picture of her and I? is the grammatically correct one.

• 9 years ago

the second one sounds better to me then the first one does.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

her and I

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.