Why do people hate marijuana? But their ok with alcohol being sold on a shelf?

Help me understand

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I am 65 years old, and have seen the results of friends using both of these substance. While alcohol may be legal, and marijuana illegal. They are both bad for you, two wrongs don't make a right. If you are a marijuana user. You will probably not except this. I have seen the way that that drug works on people's minds. And it usually changes them forever. You would be a whole lot better off not to use either one. Good luck on your journey through life, there are a whole lot of better things to do.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

First off, I assume that people who dislike marijuana, hate tobacco as well. To them, anything that causes smoke being inhaled is just bad. So the people that hate bud but love alcohol, simply just think, "oh, as long as I'm not inhaling" they think it's perfectly fine. Therefore they are ignorant. Because alcohol is much worse than marijuana.

Alcohol is legal everywhere as long as your 21.

Marijuana is legal as well, but only medically. So if you're getting marijuana without a card, that's illegal because marijuana is not decriminalized.

So just the fact that it's not decriminalized, and that it's something that you inhale, it's just given a bad image.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

because the government has fooled the public into believing marijuana is bad for you when it's actually very beneficial when used responsibly. And as far as being addicted, ALMOST EVERYTHING IS ADDICTING if you like it enough. People always get addicted to food but nobody has outlawed food yet. No problem in ur can't be fixed by getting really stoned. Makes you realize what's good in your life.

Source(s): Im a licensed doctor genius
  • 9 years ago

Ignorance

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Dale spoke the sad truth.I use to smoke it.If I would have known how much it was cutting down on my sex drive ,I would have never touched it.Sex drive? SEX DRIVE!!!!!!! That alone is enough to make it totally uncool.

• 9 years ago

Probably the government

• Chinty
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

Sorry, but comparing marijuana to FOOD is stupid.

Lv 7
    9 years ago

They are hypocrites, basically.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.