JW's , I still have never received an answer about all your failed prediction dates?

I have asked many times.Could you tell me what happened when these things were said?And why they were said and why they failed???

1877: Christ's kingdom would hold full sway over the earth in 1914; the Jews, as a people, would be restored to God's favor; the "saints" would be carried to heaven.[27]

1891: 1914 would be "the farthest limit of the rule of imperfect men."[28]

1904: "World-wide anarchy" would follow the end of the Gentile Times in 1914.[29]

1916: World War I would terminate in Armageddon and the rapture of the "saints".[30]

1917: In 1918, Christendom would go down as a system to oblivion and be succeeded by revolutionary governments. God would "destroy the churches wholesale and the church members by the millions." Church members would "perish by the sword of war, revolution and anarchy." The dead would lie unburied. In 1920 all earthly governments would disappear, with worldwide anarchy prevailing.[31]

1920: Messiah's kingdom would be established in 1925 and bring worldwide peace. God would begin restoring the earth. Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and other faithful patriarchs would be resurrected to perfect human life and be made princes and rulers, the visible representatives of the New Order on earth. Those who showed themselves obedient to God would never die.[32]

1922: The anti-typical "jubilee" that would mark God's intervention in earthly affairs would take place "probably the fall" of 1925.[33]

1924: God's restoration of Earth would begin "shortly after" October 1, 1925. Jerusalem would be made the world's capital. Resurrected "princes" such as Abel, Noah, Moses and John the Baptist would give instructions to their subjects around the world by radio, and airplanes would transport people to and from Jerusalem from all parts of the globe in just "a few hours".[34]

1938: In 1938, Armageddon was too close for marriage or child bearing.[35]

1941: There were only "months" remaining until Armageddon.[36]

1942: Armageddon was "immediately before us."[37]

1966: It would be 6000 years since man's creation in the fall of 1975 and it would be "appropriate" for Christ's thousand-year reign to begin at that time.[38] Time was "running out, no question about that."[39] The "immediate future" was "certain to be filled with climactic events ... within a few years at most", the final parts of Bible prophecy relating to the "last days" would undergo fulfillment as Christ's reign began.

1968: No one could say "with certainty" that the battle of Armageddon would begin in 1975, but time was "running out rapidly" with "earthshaking events" soon to take place.[40] In March 1968 there was a "short period of time left", with "only about ninety months left before 6000 years of man's existence on earth is completed".[41]

1969: Human existence would not last long enough for young people to grow old; the world system would end "in a few years." Young Witnesses were told not to bother pursuing tertiary education for this reason.[42]

1974: There was just a "short time remaining before the wicked world's end" and Witnesses were commended for selling their homes and property to "finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service."[43]

1984: There were "many indications" that "the end" was closer than the end of the 20th century.[44]

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Hi Chris,

I'll give you the correct response. As a EX-JW, I'm very sorry that as a JW, we lied to the world!! That's right, I'm apologizing for the false prophesy set forth by this group. They don't have the spiritual fortitude to do it for themselves, so let me apologize for them, and myself. And as one (JW) at one time I feel it is important to tell it with truth and not hide behind a group of men that can't seem to find the guts to admit they put forth many false claims. Yes, they were wrong, they are still wrong, and they will continue to be wrong as long as they keep putting forth false biblical teachings that are not from YHWH or his Christ, Jesus. How can a person know??? Pretty easy...if they were from God and they were true...IT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED as they said! But it didn't happen as they said..WHY? Because they are false teachers..it's really that simple.

Hi Bar,

Please stop fibulating to all these good people. Your own literature gives you away. You've become blinded by your own new light dogma. Don't worry Bar, we Christains will leave the real light on for you...when you are ready of course! Only Jesus can save..no other name under heaven has been given. I just love the statement They don't know the difference between a prediction and an expectation. Ok I'll use them both in a sentence to see if I know the difference. It is the expectation of the thinking mind to realize the failure in all their predictions based on their history. Did that help?

Keep those down thumbs coming...the truth only hurts when you're on the wrong side of the argument. To me those down thumbs just mean there are JW'S here that can't face the truth of their history. If they pretend it's not their history, maybe it will just go away.

Source(s): EX-JW now Christian.
  • Truth
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

Over the years Jehovah's Witnesses have gained greater and deeper knowledge of the bible. The bible foretold that this would happen. As someone once put it, just as a young child is learning right from wrong from his father, so are we. When our organization was in its infancy they stived for truth and sometimes got it wrong, but beliefs have since been rectified. The biggest thing we have learned is this: No one knows when the end of this system of things will be, not even Jesus. Only Jehovah knows. We do not speculate, however, we DO know what the bible says about the signs of the last days. These signs are becoming more and more clear. So while we do not know the day or the hour, or even the year, we live our lives as though it could happen tomorrow so that we don't become complacent. We are not afraid to adjust our thinking to accurate truth. We don't follow traditions of most religions because we are always learning what is and isn't acceptable to God. We are also always coming to a deeper understanding of bible prophecies.

4“And as for you, O Daniel, make secret the words and seal up the book, until the time of [the] end. Many will rove about, and the [true] knowledge will become abundant.” --Daniel 12:4

You might not have as many answers to your question as you would like, but this question has been asked and answered countless times. So sometimes we grow tired of answering it over and over.

• Sure, you received adequate answers.

But you present quotes without context. That is misleading at best, dishonest at worst.

Also, it is apparent that you do not know the difference between a prediction and an expectation.

Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe that any man has the gift of prophecy since the days of Jesus' apostles.

Therefore, Jehovah's Witnesses make no prophecies. Nor do we claim to "predict" anything beyond what the Scriptures indicate, and even such "predictions" have been only expectations based on those Scriptures.

Source(s): Common sense
  • The Jehovah's Witness organization claims to be the only true Christian group in the entire world. It says that all other churches, whether Catholic or Protestant, teach error and that anyone who is not a Jehovah's Witness will be destroyed by God. However, the facts show that this group is a deceptive sect. Here are four reasons why they should be avoided.

1. The Jehovah's Witnesses deny the central teachings of the Bible.

The Jehovah's Witness organization denies that Jesus Christ is God. Instead they teach that Jesus Christ is a created angel.

"The facts show that this group is a deceptive sect."

However, the Bible clearly teaches that Jesus Christ, the Son, is God. For example, Hebrews 1:8 says, "But about the Son he says, 'Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever ...' " Many other verses also teach this — John 1:1, 14; 20:26-28; Acts 20:28; Romans 9:5; Hebrews 1:3, 8-9; 2 Peter 1:1.

Jehovah's Witnesses deny the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ. Instead they teach that Jesus' body was dissolved into gases. Charles Taze Russell, founder of the organization taught, "The man Jesus is dead, forever dead" (Studies in the Scriptures, Vol. 5, 1899, p. 454).

However, the Bible clearly teaches that Jesus' body was raised back to life: For example, Luke 24:39 — "Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones as you see I have." See also — John 2:19-21; John 20:26-28; 1 Corinthians 15:6,14.

Jehovah's Witnesses deny the Holy Spirit is God. Instead they teach that the Holy Spirit is a impersonal force, like electricity.

However, the Bible clearly teaches that the Holy Spirit is God: Acts 5:3,4 — "Then Peter said, Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit ... You have not lied to men but to God." See also John 14:16-17; 16:13-15; Romans 8:26-27; 2 Corinthians 3:6,17-18; Ephesians 4:30.

Jehovah's Witnesses deny that salvation is God's free gift. Instead they teach that salvation must be earned or merited. To obtain salvation and escape judgment, a person must join and do the works prescribed by the Jehovah's Witness organization.

However, the Bible clearly teaches that salvation cannot be earned or merited — it is God’s free gift: Ephesians 2:8-9 — "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith — and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God — not by works, so that no one can boast." See also: Romans 4:1-4; Galatians 2:16; Titus 3:5.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Your footnotes are missing. It looks like a cut and paste job. Nevertheless, JWs are not inspired but are imperfect, and only the hatefull would call them false prophets.

Source(s): The Test of a Prophet http://jimspace3000.blogspot.com/2011/10/test-of-p... ‘They keep changing the dates’: Jehovah’s Witnesses Changing Chronology by George D. Chryssides http://www.cesnur.org/2010/to-chryssides.htm
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Jw's are not Christians scripturally. They clearly deny the deity of Christ.

John 3:16

John 1:12

Romans 10:9,17

John 14:6

• 9 years ago

Who said we are perfect? Who says we are prophets? No Witness has ever said that.

Oh and where he is getting his list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Jehovah'...

You can search here on answers and get many many versions of this question, dating back years, by the way.

Source(s): Me, one of Jehovah's Witnesses
  • You might quicker get an explanation from Harold Camping or Buffalo Bill Hawkins or Ronald Weinland...

• 9 years ago

Sometimes silence says volumes.

• Vin
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

They're a cult.

Their members are zombies and believe whatever told.

OK JW's what's your answer?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.