Who Has The Most Power in Government?

Who would you say has the most power and influence in the Unites States Government.

The President?

Congress?

Senate?

Political Parties?

Corporate Lobbyists?

Special Interest Lobbyists?

Does any of this influence your choices when voting?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Without a doubt Lobbyists, but Corporate or Special Interest is debatable. Probably Corporate.

• 9 years ago

The president. Congress has given up many of their rights since the overhauls of healthcare and Wall Street. They have, essentially, been replaced by government bureaucracies. Furthermore, the judicial branch displayed in 1996, when Bill Clinton was impeached on perjurer charges, that the executive branch also trumps the judicial branch. Clinton literally took the constitution and pissed on it. And nothing was done to him. I suggest these reads for further research if you are truly interested in this topic...

"The Imperial Presidency" By: Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr

"Who Killed the Constitution?: The Fate of American Liberty from World War I to George W. Bush" By: Thomas E. Woods and Kevin R. Gutzman

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I see the Speaker of the House as the most powerful individual in the US government. Of course he/she can assign a great deal of that power over to others, and it appears the Speaker often does that. Because the Speaker is chosen by other politicians it does not influence my voting.

• odd
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Ultimately the courts, who through lawyers and litigation acting on their mandates and rulings have the power to bleed organizations, companies and individuals dry. Frighteningly, when judges go up for vote, most of the time the voters have no clue what the judges record or history is about, unlike political candidates who's positions are well published (for better or worse) throughout media. They (judges) are names on a ballot and nothing more in most cases.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • smolen
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

Yes ! Where is democracy ?These are a few gangs who percentage vigour with each and every different and retailer each and every others epidermis.A robust man or woman can do each factor by means of his vigour on this democracy,ordinary humans are helpless due to the fact that they've no vigour,no vigour of team spirit in opposition to any crime.Individual are not able to battle with this corrupt process.It is our lack of knowledge that we are not able to use our rights in proper system due to the fact that of restrained assets and corrupt humans are united and feature all such a lot all assets. That why I am pronouncing that we must difference this corrupt process to difference election process,so we atleast have the proper candidate who constitute us in proper system.Other shrewd the problem grow to be extra worst in coming days by means of this corrupt process.People will have to united on each topic and battle in combination.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

The Judicial System

Source(s): Took a college business class
  • 9 years ago

China

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

According to Fox News - it's George Soros.

According to MSNBC - it's the Koch brothers.

I guess it depends on the flavor of the kool-aid you enjoy.

• 9 years ago

The owners of the federal reserve bank and central banks throughout the world.

• 9 years ago

Jews. If you don't believe that, check my source.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.