Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetYouTube · 9 years ago

finding a video on youtube?

A friend of mine does videos of them singing songs, as cover songs, and they wont let me watch them and they arent under there own name on their account, and i want to watch them so is there any way i can advance search youtube in terms of the location of the upload or things like that?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • alan a
    Lv 4
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You will need to try and find the title of the video that they make or have made. Then, enter it in the youtube.com search box and view the results. You will get many results and you will need time to view them all to find the ones from the people whom you speak of.

• Sean M
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Location is not possible unless them mention their location in either their video title, description, or tags.

The easiest way to search for their video would be by tags/title. If they haven't listed any tags or their tags are very vague (such as "song" "me singing" "music") it will be much harder to find because they are such popular searches. You can maybe gather some info on one of their new uploads (such as the song title that they are singing) then narrow the search by adding a comma and the word "today" or "this week" after the song title and YouTube will narrow the search to videos only uploaded "today" or "this week"

You can search by username if you know which account they are uploading with, but otherwise it might just be easier to ask your friend nicely. :)

• 9 years ago

You can filter results by:

Type of results, such as Videos, Channels, or Playlists

Upload date

Subject category

Video length

Video quality

Features, such as Closed captions, Partner videos, or Rentals

You can also sort your results by:

Relevance

Upload date

View count

Rating

Unfortunately that's as advanced as it gets!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.