Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 9 years ago

My step dad acted inappropriately and touched me, what should I do?

Okay I am 14, last night my older brother was looking after me while my step dad and mum went out with some friends. My mum ended up going to sleep over her friends house and my step dad got a taxi and came home, he was a bit drunk. But while he was out me and my brother realized there was a leak in my room and I couldn't sleep in it because my whole bedding was soaked through and instead of changing the mattress and moving the bed I slept on the couch.

When my step dad came home, I hadn't fallen asleep yet and he saw me on the couch and said I could sleep in his bed and he would sleep on the couch, I asked him if he was sure and he said that if he can't sleep on the couch then he would come up too. He was being really kind, probably because he was drunk. So I got into my parents bed and then in the night my step dad came up to his room and got in the bed, but on the other side of the bed. He said my name but I didn't say anything and pretended I was asleep because I didn't want it to be awkward. Then like 30 mins later I rolled over to face him still pretending to be asleep. he tapped me on the shoulder and pushed my arm off of my stomach. He put his hands down his trousers and did some stuff. He stopped and lay in bed for a while. Then he put his leg over me, I tried to roll over to face the other way, he put his arm over me and had his hand on my breast. Then he fell asleep and I slipped out and went to sleep on the sofa.

my step dad has been at work today and so has my mum. I know it will just upset my mum if I tell her but I feel really uncomfortable around my step dad and my brother doesn't really like me and we aren't that close so it would be weird telling him. If I tell an adult at school will my step dad be in lots of trouble? Because I don't want to cause any unnecessary stress for my family especially my mum, and my step dad was drunk and has spoken to me about any of it!

Favorite Answer

Wait...... why is your mom sleeping at someone else's house, why didn't she take a cab and come home with your Step dad?

If what you are saying really happened then You need to report him to an adult, yes he will get into trouble because what he did to you was wrong and inappropriate. I can tell you may be scared but if he is allowed to continue he may force himself on you which may be a far more traumatic experience for you, and it will be difficult to get over. However, it may be that he was very drunk and confused you with your mom. Speak to a counselor at school or a family member you trust and stop this now! good luck

Source(s): Lyphe

You have to tell your mom about it and the sooner you do the better cause if you let it go it can escalate very quickly and then it will be even more awkward for you. What he did is wrong drunk or not he knew what was going on, being drunk is no excuse for molestation that is a very serious crime and shouldn't go unpunished. If your mom doesn't believe you then tell an adult at school.

Yes, he will get in trouble and he should because he is attracted to young girls and it is completely inappropriate. If he did it to you what makes you think he won't do it to someone else? Drinking is not an excuse for this type of behavior. It seems to me you got off pretty easy. How do you know the next time it won't escalate. You need to tell an adult, one who is looking out for your best interest, and soon.

i have a feeling he was extremely drunk and was confused when he woke up on the couch and thought it was your mom in the bed, But if it happens again, i would definitely report it when he is not drunk.

Source(s): My thought

you need to say something, him being drunk is not excuse, he is an adult and you are a child ,what he did is illegal, it is sexual abuse. i am a victim of a sexual assault i was 12 ,i am now 34. it might upset your mom, but you still need to say something, he might do it again

that is very inappropriate, i would tell a close friend, or close adult about it. but of course maybe it was because he was drunk. of course you need to still tell someone.

well that's really sick n shameless of ur step dad....the only way to come out of ur uncomfortable zone is to tell everything to ur mom n step aside....she'll understand n will see what can b done!!good luck

p.s.-dont be in much contact of ur step dad

please say something before this attraction of his towrd you becomes something dangerous!

• so did you *** or what?