How to prevent throwing up?

So I just threw up and I feel a lot better but I don't want to do it again, how can I prevent doing it again? I haven't eaten anything I just cleared up my stomach. I feel better I just want to know if I will or will not throw up again. And If I will how can i prevent it? Thanks <3

• Kaylee
    Favorite Answer

Don't eat or drink anything for at least one hour after throwing up, but do rinse your mouth with water to get the taste out immediately after throwing up. After one hour, SLOWLY drink water or chew gum. This will make your gastrointestinal tract move in the forward direction which prevents further vomiting because vomiting occurs when the gastrointestinal tract moves in the reverse direction. Once a few more hours have passed if you still feel okay drink a lot of water and you can also start eating solid foods (but nothing that irritates the stomach--including medicine like ibuprofen unless it is prescribed). This will help dilute the virus and hopefully get it out of your body. Make sure everything you/your vomit has touched gets thoroughly cleaned so you do not spread the virus to anyone else who could spread it back to you.

It's actually good to vomit, believe it or not. Whatever you ate, your stomach didn't agree with so you are helping yourself by ejecting it. Try eating crackers and drinking Sprite, 7 Up. Also, take pepto bismol (pink bismuth liquid). Trust me, if you throw up again, your stomach will thank you! Also dont eat greasy or heavy foods. Hope you feel better.