which headphones are better and why?

I'm getting a pair of earbuds for Christmas and i'm not sure which pair to get, because their both good. I'm a bass guy so i like my phones to have nice base but as long as its clean and not like muffy.

HERE ARE THE TWO:

http://www.amazon.com/GOgroove-Ergonomic-Interchan...

Specs:

Driver Unit 10mm 6u

Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz

Nominal Impedance: 32 ohms

Sensitivity: 103dB/1mW (S.P.L. at 1 khz)

Max Power 10 mW

Rated POwer 3 mW

Cord Length: 47 inches (1.2 meters)

THE OTHER ONE:

http://www.amazon.com/JVC-HA-FX1X-Xtreme-Xplosives...

Specs:

Driver Unit 0.39" (10mm)

Magnet type: Neodymium

Frequency Response: 5-23,000Hz

Nominal Impedance: 16ohms

Sensitivity: 104dB/1mW

Max. Input Capability 200mW (IEC)

Cord Length: 3.93ft(1.2m)

Accessory: Carrying case, S/M/L silicone earpiece

• Eric K
    Favorite Answer

From the specs alone, the bottom choice is better however the specs won't tell you if the bass will be strong or if it will be clean. Specs only tell what its capable of producing but not the quality of the sound that will come out. The quality can only be checked first hand so you won't know if the headphones are going to be bass emphasized. The lower one is better because its Hz range is larger meaning it won't need to work as hard in the more extreme highs and lows. The ohms is lower so it'll be better suited for small device listening, and that its max input (mW) is higher so they won't blow out as easily incase you experience an extremely loud spike in headphone volume or something.

Though these aren't good quality headphones and would go for something else, I just decided to stick with the topic of the question.

Source(s): Audio Enthusiast

Definatly Skullcandy. Ive tried soo many manufacturers and the two the audio device on the headphones get blown after a together as or after listening to them, the form of them injury your ears (like the ipod headphones), or the rubber ends on the headphones fall off. etc even nonetheless skullcandy has the rubber ends they by no potential fall off by way of fact the rubber is somewhat tight, therefor staying on plenty extra desirable. i offered a sparkling pair of them awhile in the past (not by way of fact my different ones broke yet my rabbit chewed them up :S) yet i offered them on the source for $27 and that they artwork great. And plus the sound high quality is exceptional :) They have been skullcandy ink'd, those are the suited headphones i've got had so a ways, somewhat costly yet definatly well worth it.

I bought GOgroove audiOHM Ergonomic Earbuds for my husband to use with a new iPod Touch we gave him for his birthday. He loved the iPod but HATED the earbuds that came with it. He had a hard time fitting those into his ear and still maintaining maximum sound. The earbuds fell out of his ears when he was walking or doing things around the house. He was frustrated with the entire situation.

The gummy ones

JVC