Mitchell1 or alldata for my auto shop?

For those who have familiarity with both, which do you recommend?

Mitchell1 is a lot cheaper, but all-data seems to be more popular. is it because they advertise more or is it better? Or is there another company you recommend instead?

Favorite Answer

I've used both.

I like the wiring diagrams better in Mitchell. They redraw all the mfgrs diagrams in a standard format. So you don't have to sit there and look up all the mfgrs special symbols to find out what they mean. And, if you click on a wire, it highlights the entire wire so it's a LOT easier to trace. Much better than mfgrs diagrams.

But Mitchell has 1 major weakness. They don't have any body information. Want to remove an instrument cluster? You won't find any diagrams in Mitchell, but you will in Alldata. That's a huge plus for Alldata. Same thing with door trim panels. That alone can save you a lot of time on some pretty frequent repairs.

However, you can buy Mitchell and then just buy an individual Alldata DIY subscription when you need body panel removal instructions. Once you buy the first vehicle for $29/yr, each additional vehicle is only $15. So you can build that to the labor or parts costs for that repair.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Mitchell1 or alldata for my auto shop?

Source(s): mitchell1 alldata auto shop: https://shortly.im/QXu28

ALLDATA is more than just HYPE! It shows nearly EVERYTHING for car repairs. It even has recalls and everything is logical and easy to follow. DEFINITELY worth the money. Several years ago I repaired an "unfixable" Mercedes transmission with just using their diagrams and procedures. They REALLY keep track of things and are updated frequently. Even radio problems are resolved easily. Check it out at a library near you where they already have the subscription. I would be a little lost without it! They even post the time to repair the item you are working on!

Mitchell1

I know someone who has a great deal on both for 300 bucks comes on a hard drive and never need to pay again

kheindl1986@gmail.com

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avpbc

My Friend and her Husband own one in the North Going on 35 years now...Always went to them for my cars She how ever is the Secretary..he is the Brains of the operation and gave her the job to keep her quiet...hahaah