Outfitter Assistance Requested!?

Hello, I need some help! During my almost 28 year career as a teacher, I had always put off my dream of a Western guided hunt. I did this, because I felt my responsibility was to my students. Now that I am retired, I wish to pursue this dream, but I have an added complication! A major factor that contribued to... show more Hello, I need some help!

During my almost 28 year career as a teacher, I had always put off my dream of a Western guided hunt. I did this, because I felt my responsibility was to my students. Now that I am retired, I wish to pursue this dream, but I have an added complication! A major factor that contribued to my retirement was the fact that I became disabled in a severe motor vehicle accident (a Cadillac crossed the centerline, and hit my Harley head-on). My legs and injured shoulder are functional, just not very strong. The threat of leg loss due to compartment syndrome is ever present, I must wear a brace for a failed knee reconstruction, and the bicep tendon in my left arm is non-existent. However, I can walk, ride a horse, and shoot ... among other tasks!

I need some help locating a reputable guide in either Colorado, Montana, or Wyoming (or some other Western state) that could guide me on a horseback hunt, hunting for either Elk or Mule Deer (both if the seasons overlap). What I seem to be finding most on the web are Outfitters that do drop camps ... I am not looking to be dropped someplace in the wilderness to fend for myself ... I am not looking to re-do Outward Bound School!

Can anyone recommend a Guide/Outfitter that will take a disabled hunter/shooter/outdoorsman on a guided Elk/Mule Deer rifle hunt? Particularly guides/outfitters with a reputation for high levels of hunter success!

Thank you for your assistance!
Update: @ JudgeBill: Sir, thank you so much for your advice! I will remember the advice ... however, my 700 pound RoadKing and I totalled the Cadillac that crossed into my lane. I do not know if a BMW would have had the mass to stop the car and save my life! Could you please e-mail me at eaglescout0972@yahoo.com? There is... show more @ JudgeBill:
Sir, thank you so much for your advice! I will remember the advice ... however, my 700 pound RoadKing and I totalled the Cadillac that crossed into my lane. I do not know if a BMW would have had the mass to stop the car and save my life! Could you please e-mail me at eaglescout0972@yahoo.com? There is another tangent you may be intrigued by, since you sit/sat on the bench!
1 answer 1