What's your favourite movie from your favourite genre that isn't clear cut?

i.e My favourite genre is science fiction, so my pick would probably be Donnie Darko, as it mixes elements strongly of drama, and it has more in common with a high school drama than it does with the Blade Runners of the science fiction realm. So essentially, your favourite genre, but it isn't a clear film... show more i.e
My favourite genre is science fiction, so my pick would probably be Donnie Darko, as it mixes elements strongly of drama, and it has more in common with a high school drama than it does with the Blade Runners of the science fiction realm.

So essentially, your favourite genre, but it isn't a clear film from it. Say if your favourite genre is horror, your favourite film from it that isn't clear cut could be Alien, as it mixes elements of horror and also thriller and science fiction. A movie that you like where the genre is milked out in other things.

BQ: The Prestige or Donnie Darko?
BQ2: Buy or sell: A movie genre can't be better than another movie genre?
BQ3: As unoriginal as this is, can you name 5 movies that you think are underrated?
Update: buy: agree with the statement
sell: disagree with the statement

@Voux: Terminator 2 is your favourite movie? Love that film.