Does it hurt getting a tattoo on my lower stomach?

I've thought long and hard where I want my tattoo. I've thought of the wrist, arm, shoulder and decided I want to get it on my stomach. I'm only 16 and fairly skinny, The tattoo will only be writing is just 4 chinese writing symbols, two on the top and two on the bottom. Roughly the size of half a fist. I'm just wondering, how much does it hurt? how can I prepare for the pain? and Is the anything that can give me the same sensation so I can prepare, e.g. digging a key in my arm and dragging it along (try it, is that a similar pain?). Don't reply saying, think about it etc. I've thought for a long time about it, and finally decided I'm getting it.

Also, how long would it take if its 4cm wide and 4cm tall?

• Favorite Answer

People that tell you tattoos feel like burning and are one of the most painful experiences ever usually have a low pain threshold or are trying to use scare tactics. Though you've said you're fairly skinny, the stomach is a fleshy area, and fleshy areas tend to hurt less than bony areas like the wrist or back.

My first was on my back, and it honestly just felt like something was biting me for a bit. It really doesn't take long to get used to the feel of it. You might get the odd bit that makes you wince every now and then, but it shouldn't be too painful on your stomach. It also depends on your pain threshold. If you feel pain very easily, then it will obviously hurt more than it would on someone who doesn't feel pain that easily, but again, they don't hurt that much.

The only advice I can give you is make sure you've had something to eat before you get it done. I made the mistake of skipping breakfast with my first and had to stop 20 minutes in because I felt sick. Something sugary straight before would be a good idea, since the sugar helps when the adrenaline kicks in (which is what made me feel sick). Also, if you don't speak Chinese, I'd suggest asking someone who does to double check the symbols you want mean what you think they mean.

As for how long it'd take, it depends on how quick the artist is. I have two fairly large pieces on my back that took two hours each, but I also have a smaller one on my wrist that's possibly 2cm by 2cm and with full colour only took about 20 minutes.

Just relax and have fun with it :)

Source(s): Have three tattoos myself and spend a lot of time at my local tattoo shop watching other people get tattoos

Lower Stomach Tattoo Pain

• Lesley

First of all, you're only 16. You cannot legally get a tattoo until you are 18. Yes, there are tattooists who WILL tattoo you. But a good, reputable one won't. And trust me, if you want a decent tattoo, you need a decent tattooist! So there's you first problem!

Secondly, yes, tattoos hurt. Anyone who tells you differently is a liar. People have different levels of pain tolerance so it's difficult to say exactly how bad the pain is, but it's not mild. The first part of your session will hurt a fair amount. After a while it does start to get kind of numb and it doesn't hurt quite as much. It's not comparable with what you described, at all. I don't know how to describe it to you .. it's like a deep and very sore scratch, but one that doesn't end quickly as a scratch would. The pain is consistent until it starts to numb a little.

Having said that, thousands of people have tattoos! It's not an unbearable pain and it's not going to kill you, lol. But despite what you said, I strongly advise you to wait until you are 18. Not because I think you'll change your mind, but because you should use a tattooist who takes his business seriously and is not prepared to break the law.

Source(s): have many tattoos myself

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I've thought long and hard where I want my tattoo. I've thought of the wrist, arm, shoulder and decided I want to get it on my stomach. I'm only 16 and fairly skinny, The tattoo will only be writing is just 4 chinese writing symbols, two on the top and two on the bottom. Roughly the...

Source(s): hurt tattoo stomach: https://biturl.im/qmt91

If you're not Chinese its stupid and ignorant to get a Chinese tattoo. get the word in your language. Second it probably won't say what you want it to say (they could tattoo the symbol for toilet and you'd never know. Third you're young and every reputable artist will either do it and sit there for at least 30 mins asking if this is what you want after your parent signs the waivee or they'll refuse it.

Yes it is extremely painful indeed. No, keys dragging in your arm is not the same kind of pain as breaking the skin with lots of little needles. It hurts and burns and bleeds. There's no way you can prepare for the agony of tattoos.

No reputable tattoo parlour would entertain tattooing a 16 year old, either.

Source(s): Had one. NO MORE.
  • .,.

Not sure about the pain as I don't have any tattoos, but everyone here seem to be idiots... You asked this question on Y!A UK... in the UK it's legal to be tattooed at 16 with parental consent.

I had got a tattoo on my stomach back in July, yes it can have its moments when it hurts, but I got use to the pain. It mainly depends on how well you take on pain, everyone is different.

• mable

1000's of Tattoo Designs & Ideas

Ok tattoos do hurt but it only hurts for a moment. It feels like being sunburned.. No one will tat you being 16 though.. I've heard that fatty and bony parts hurt worse than muscle parts.. my tattoos hurt but i think i was being dramatic...