Does it hurt getting a tattoo on my lower stomach?

I've thought long and hard where I want my tattoo. I've thought of the wrist, arm, shoulder and decided I want to get it on my stomach. I'm only 16 and fairly skinny, The tattoo will only be writing is just 4 chinese writing symbols, two on the top and two on the bottom. Roughly the size of half a fist.... show more I've thought long and hard where I want my tattoo. I've thought of the wrist, arm, shoulder and decided I want to get it on my stomach. I'm only 16 and fairly skinny, The tattoo will only be writing is just 4 chinese writing symbols, two on the top and two on the bottom. Roughly the size of half a fist. I'm just wondering, how much does it hurt? how can I prepare for the pain? and Is the anything that can give me the same sensation so I can prepare, e.g. digging a key in my arm and dragging it along (try it, is that a similar pain?). Don't reply saying, think about it etc. I've thought for a long time about it, and finally decided I'm getting it.
Update: Also, how long would it take if its 4cm wide and 4cm tall?