My boat is stuck in my lift over dirt due to drought conditions. Any ideas on how to get it out?

I have a fixed dock on Lake Granbury in Texas. The water has been low since June and I cannot get my boat out. Does anyone have any ideas? Are there ways to get it out? It's about 7 feet from the back of my boat to the water...

Yea, I wish it were not covered, but unfortunately it is, and it is welded metal, so no way to remove it.

Favorite Answer

below is a link to a site that sells inflatable beach rollers that are designed to be used to roll boats to/from the water. the large size is rated for up to 2,000lbs. since they are inflatable you may be able to dig out under your boat and then inflate them (lifting your boat out of the mud) and then roll the boat out to the water. suggest that you use three rollers so that you can support the boat on two rollers while moving the third roller to the stern of the boat.

http://www.praktek.com/mcart/index.cgi?code=3&cat=...

hope this helps

Source(s): old salt

Marina Forklift. Is just a modified forklift.

If I knew what kind of vessel, it would help, Length/Beam/Draft and Layout.

If it is a sailboat, which would be weird under a covered dock, see?

Ok I assume it is a Power Boat, I also assume it is a large power boat. Inboard Motor?

That is the first thing I would address, the power plant or engine, remove it.

Then you will have a much less weighty and more manageable hull to deal with.

Seven foot run, that is a simple slip way, rolling timbers or inflatable rollers.

You could even simply get a trailer, dual axle with over sized tires, add an extra free float axle, four boat stands, a house jack, it could be done in a day, easily.

I still do not know the actual size or displacement of the vessel, but I can kinda tell you that she is going to have to go in a ways to re-float.

Add a chain hoist to that dock house, pull the motor, man-handle it over to the dock. Then is simple

Put the motor in a truck, drive the boat to a more accessible dock, or use a floating barge to put the engine back in, may as well service it up good and proper while it is out.

Give me a cutting torch or a saw-zall and that top would be gone in 2 hours. I would remove it proper and replace after the vessel is lifted and moved.

Then I would still pull the fork lift in and get her as close to buoyant state as can be.

Is easier without the engine weight.

Sounds like you may have a Volvo or some IO with an Outdrive? Pull the motor, secure or make watertight all through hull fittings that are exposed, lift her up with the fork lift, lower her onto the rollers, that should be in the water, then go fishin.

• Good

If you could have a crane lower your boat trailer

in such a way that you could push the trailer under

the boat and lower it, the crane could lift the whole thing out.....maybe.

Edit: My slow typing got my idea placed before this one by a different

answerer. Anyway, a crane is in order, it seems.

Jack

.

If it is not a covered dock use a truck crane or tractor trl wrecker , They both would lift a boat easily

• boater

Put something on the ground to hold a vehicle from sinking and bring in a fork lift if possible.

Put some large rollers under it and roll it up the bank, 3 or 4 should do it.

same way they moved large blocks in egypt 5000 years ago.

4" thick wall pipe. ?????

• ben

As you give the distance to the water I assume by out you mean into deep water.

You might be able to kedge yourself off by blasting a channel with a fire hose. It will be inch by painful inch but it should work