Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 8 years ago

my friend wants to know a good hair dyes?

my friend has dark hair and she wants to put a coontail in it, and she wants to bleach a strip of her hair blonde then put the black stripes, she wants to know a good bleach and hair black hair dye because she wants it permanent but she heard someone couldn't get there hair dye out for 2 years so now she needs help on good hair dyes, and i have no clue, help?:)

Favorite Answer

There are thousands of hair dyes in the market today, compared to 40 years ago.

Best At-Home Haircolor

L'Oreal & Clairol, have been tested by women of all ages, and approved & recently published by the Good Housekeeping magazine for July or Aug. 2011, I can't remember which magazine issue I read from my doctor's office. Google it

Playing with chemicals is not like playing with clothes, or doing a manicure, there are penalties for playing chemicals in the lab. Even hair color experts at the salon are not rocket scientists, they do a bang up dye jobs to their clients or their own hair.

Example: "My hair is right about armpit length as it is, but I've severely damaged it by bleaching it all at once. As a student of cosmetology myself, I would have to say that it was probably one of the worst mistakes I could have ever made."

Another example: ok i did my hair yesterday i DIDN'T bleach it ,but im not sure what its called but she took the color out of my hair and then dies it a blond color and my head was on fire it killed me so after that i hated my hair color so i colored it my self a darker color, it looked so ugly and it burned me again it rully hrt so after i washed it my mom checked it for me and found small spots of blood all over my top scalp like over 20 of em now im scared and don't know why its there is it from the color am i sick and something is wrong ??

Chemicals can enter the body through the skin.

Google: Teen 'feared she would die' after reaction to hair dye

The allergic reaction was caused by a well-known brand of semi-permanent hair dye Chloe used to turn her hair black for a Hallowe’en party. . . . . called for beauty bosses to ban hair dye chemical PPD (para-phenylenediamine) from the shelves. 11-04-11

The chemical is not new and is present in a number of brands of dark hair colours, acting to help adhere the dye to the hair so that it doesn't wash out. It’s made from coal tar and is used in both permanent and semi-permanent hair colours. It’s well-known to be a cause of serious allergic reactions -- including something called contact dermatitis which can lead to rashes, blisters, and open sores.

PPD is sometimes added to black henna tattoos and that using them is not safe. Allergic reactions usually begin within two to 10 days following application. One bad reaction can lead to sensitivities to other products such as hair dye, sunblock and some types of clothing dyes. Oftentimes, it's using the product a second or third time.

Google: A 38-year old mother left in a coma after using hair dye. 11-22-11. SHE DYED HER HAIR MANY TIMES BEFORE, USING THE SAME BRAND.

Permanent black hair dye is linked to causing leukemia and lymphomas.

Sources:

Google FDA.gov & search for Hair Dye & Relaxers.

Google: Hair Dye FAQ's Are Hair Dyes Safe?

• nutter

I have a pal how died her hair again and she or he additionally has reasonable dermis. I suggestion it appeared fine. When your hair grows your roots will seem terrible if you do not maintain it up. And when you desire to be common once more, it's particularly tough to try this, and fees plenty of $ from a legit.