When will the UK and America start playing more technically?

As a child I was at a disadvantage when it came to being chosen to play. It could be blamed on me not being tall or strong enough or me not having a powerful shot like everyone else. That would be too easy of an excuse though. The real reason why was because I played a different game entirely. Instead, I played by... show more As a child I was at a disadvantage when it came to being chosen to play. It could be blamed on me not being tall or strong enough or me not having a powerful shot like everyone else. That would be too easy of an excuse though. The real reason why was because I played a different game entirely. Instead, I played by using quick and intelligent passes, dribbling my opponent in 1 on 1 situations, using close control to dictate what went on around me, and using through balls to split the defense. I only ever aired my passes when it wasn't possible to play it on the ground. Unfortunately I was always overlooked because how I played the game wasn't what the coaches ever wanted. When I went abroad however, I was always able to blend in with the players there because their focus was similar to mine. When my peers saw me play here, they all said I should play for one of the Iron-bound teams (Iron-bound is the Portuguese and Brazilian district of Newark where ironically enough, the teams there win all the competitions). What I realized was that when it comes to America and England, what coaches look for, whether grade school coaches or Premier League ones, are the most physically robust players. They want the players who are able to blast the ball far up the field or into the goal from 30 yards. They want players who can run the fastest while out muscling their opponents. Teams such as Stoke (who epitomize the physical focus in football) or the national teams of the aforementioned countries in the title constantly rely on these tactics hoping it will lead to success. I believe without the ability and the vision on the ball that their Latin American and Southern European counterparts have, success will always be out of their grasp. I am not trying to say physical skill is bad and technical skill is good, the best players always excel at both, but in order for greatness to happen for these teams, a change in philosophy is needed and technical skills need much more focus when teaching kids the beautiful game. The goal of Stoke is to bully the opponent off the ball, hoof the ball up the field and chase it, and focus on hurling the ball from throw-ins. This also was how the high-schools, colleges, and MLS teams generally play here in America. This makes for dull, uninteresting, and unsuccessful play. Perhaps soccer will become a bigger sport in the states if we stop doing this? Compare this to the technical version of football seen in the current Spanish national team, the Total Football oriented Dutch of the 70's, the Brazilian national team of the not so distant past, and the up and coming Germany squad. Not only does the brilliance of their game make you get out of your seat but it also brings in trophies. Barcelona have perfected this technical system and they are arguably the greatest club team of all time. Sorry for ranting for a bit there and bringing my own personal history into account but I wanted to let the readers know where I come from. I think this is an issue that needs to be addressed that never has been. If us English speaking countries want a taste of national glory we need to make players more so in the mold of Mesut Ozil and Lionel Messi instead of Peter Crouch and Michael Bradley.