Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsHorses · 8 years ago

science fair projects with horses?

i have to do a project for science fair and i would like it to be on horses. so any ideas? thx

Favorite Answer

If you can bring your horse right to the science fair, you should do anatomy of the horse in motion. http://www.modelhorseguide.com/images/anatomy-skel...

I've seen people do this for demonstrations and for costumes. One side is muscular, the other is skeletal. It would be a lot of work, but it's really cool.

If you can't, you could do a presentation about the comparison between horse and human. i.e. number of bones, vertebrae, homologous structures, etc.

Hope this helps!

Science Fair Projects On Horses

Do it on something you want to learn more about. Besides riding! And horse care. You could do how a horse works together to do what it does. Meaning, how do the muscles and bones come together as a group for a horse to walk, run, turn, jump, etc.

I did one with horses like over 10 years ago and I did a comparison between keeping a horse stalled and keeping a horse on 24/7 turnout. I looked at behavior, feeding habits and performance. ( I actaully kinda made up the whole thing...lol, but no one knew! Lol)

• ?

i did a couple projects on horses one was the difference in english and western from the tack the clothing and the horse and the riding, it was in elementary school that one in middle school i did the history and evolution of the horse and riding, it was alot of work but i learned alot, in high school i did the whole entire make up of the horses body from its skin muscles to its bones and digestonal track, i learned alot by that too, another thing is different grains or hays what is best for them and the vitamins and minerals and how do they effect the horse? good luck with your project!

• Gloria

You could do the evolution of horses. Also, I did a report in college on horses teeth ( why do horses teeth continuously grow) and also their body temperatures! What ever you do pick, Good luck and fun!

What about the horse's mouth? How it operates during drinking and grazing, how the bit fits in the mouth, how to tell the general age of a horse with its teeth, why regular dental care is important, etc?

I know that's what I'd do :P

It is proven that a horse makes the same healing ions that ocean waves have.

A horses heart beat will match yours when your near him.

Iv always wanted to use those in something.

You could do it on the horses foot. The hoof needs to support like 100-300 pounds or more depending on the horse.

I'm not sure if this is suitable, but maybe comparing horses and cows? You could make a demonstration. eg. cows and horses get up differently - Why?