Air Canada Interview?
what to expect from an Air Canada Part-time Customer Service Agent at La Guardia airport Interview?
- bw022Lv 79 years agoFavorite Answer
One would expect the questions to revolve around your knowledge of Air Canada, it's business, your experience and education, plus those specific to the job -- probably customer service oriented.
Things I would do to prepare or be willing to demonstrate.
* Knowledge of Air Canada as a company (size, number of employees, revenue, etc.)
* Knowledge of it's routes into New York and its affiliated airlines.
* I'd look up its baggage rules, unaccompanied minor rules, passport/WHTI rules for Canada, etc.
* If you have the chance... head out the the airport and do some research -- how many gates do they have, how many ticket booths/agents, do that have any express/self-check-in lines, and if you can find a quiet time... approach one of the ticket agents... let them know you are interviewing for a job with Air Canada and ask some general questions about the company. Don't ask any job specific questions as that might get people nervous about security.
* Re-read your resume.
* Finally, I'd have three or four questions about the job.
* Arrive 10 minutes early, dress appropriately, bring a notepad and pen, bring ID, etc.
If you tend to get nervous or aren't comfortable with interviews, maybe get a friend to sit down and ask you a bunch of questions based off your resume.