Sega Genesis Multi Taps?

I've noticed some games can support up to 8 people so my question is if i plug in two sega multi taps in the system, will that get me 8 controlled players or is there something else i need to do.

Favorite Answer

The only 8 player Genesis games I know of are the Micro Machines series games made by Codemasters. They had 8 player ability BUT all players shared controllers(called pad sharing) and as a result all were using one side of each of the 4 controllers. The A, B, and C buttons on the right side would steer and apply the brakes and the directional pad on the left side would do the same in the conventional manner. The cars automatically accelerated.

Here's a video of MM2 being played in 8 player party mode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlMUGVvGyR8

Youtube thumbnail

A Genesis game would have to be programmed to accept 2 multi taps which I have never heard of. Good idea though. Maybe a homebrew game will be released some day with such a capability.

I think the NFL games are and you had to put one wire of the mutlitap into the system I believe, not 100% sure though