What should I say to my ten year old sister? Is it a phase?

My little 10 year old sister said she recently had a girlfriend that she broke up with but she has a boyfriend now. I know that they don't kiss or anything but is the girlfriend thing just a Phase? I am asking this because I am concerned that if she tells my parents she is bi when she gets older, they will kick her out.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Best Answer

Ok first off... They would be sick if they kicked her out and second what James said could be true... She could be an early bloomer. I realised I was gay when I was FIVE ( granted I have only came to accept it now,at the age of 14 but,meh) to be fair it was my brothers fault ( he used to play on a hentai game on the computer with me WATCHING and in his defence he was 10 and didn't know what it was and then decided to joke about it when I started to play on it) what I would do Is calmly tell her to not tell mom and dad and I f she asks why DONT SAY THEY THINK ITS WRONG as this will lower her self-esteem and make her think she's disgusting trust me I have had my self-esteem lowered by my own brother how told very bluntly that it was wrong. Just say they wouldn't understand and tell them when your 18. Hope this helped :)

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What should I say to my ten year old sister? Is it a phase?

My little 10 year old sister said she recently had a girlfriend that she broke up with but she has a boyfriend now. I know that they don't kiss or anything but is the girlfriend thing just a Phase? I am asking this because I am concerned that if she tells my parents she is bi when she gets...

Source(s): ten year sister phase: https://tr.im/UAiiM
  • Jaye
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

If you don't let her listen to it then you will be creating a separation between the two of you. Other options are for you to suggest some other stuff she could listen to, but if she likes rock then she likes rock. Maybe you could try listening to it as well and then the both of you could talk about it. If you don't she will come to her own conclusions. I would be the 'cool' older sister that understands her, then you will always have good communication, but like I said there are tons of other bands and she might latch on to one of them with a little prodding. Just telling her she can't do something won't get much done. If she is into that EMO thing try OK GO or maybe MXPX or Less than Jake. All pretty loud fun bands, a little more pop punk, but way less 10 year old questionable. Good luck

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Well first of all, if your parents would kick her out for being bi they're some pretty crappy parents. Second, it probably is, kids that age go through phases, sometimes to get attention, sometimes because new hormones just confuse them like crazy. On the other hand, I'm gay and in 5th grade I already had some feelings for this guy I was really close to, so it's possible (but unlikely) that she's just an "early bloomer".

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Some children go through homosexual experimentation phases but eventually consider themselves heterosexual. Some children are the opposite.

Also, some children will experiment with homosexual relationships and eventually consider themselves homosexual. Some are, again, the opposite.

What a person defines as their sexual orientation when they are 10 is far from definite as to how they will consider themselves when they are 17. However, I would consider it a good indication, so I hope you are ok in case it does turn out she is bisexual or lesbian.

If your parents are not OK, it may be better not to tell them, or maybe she wants to tell them and see their reaction. Either way it is her decision to make. I personally would advise her not to inform her parents until absolutely necessary. Older people are set in their ways. It is not their fault they usually oppose homosexuals, they were just raised that way. It is very difficult for people to change their beliefs, as hard as that may be to accept. I personally would keep the secret from my parents if I were her. WHy make them unhappy? But that again is her decision, not ours.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

maybe just a phase, kick her out!! crappy parents much.. but you know kids their age sometimes even say there married to another girl, its just maybe even a joke :P

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Gay isn't the way. Tell your sister she is making a HUGE mistake. If she doesn't listen, that's her problem.

• 8 years ago

I guess the gay indoctrination in school worked. It's not going to be pretty.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I wouldn't worry much, ask her calmly "do you really like boys and girls?"

If she says yes tell her to try and keep it quiet from mom & dad(;

Source(s): thats what ima doin now -__-
  • 8 years ago

No of course it doesn't mean anything she's only ten, don't worry about it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.