Keypad or touch screen?

Ok, so I'm trying to decide between a kindle with a keypad and a kindle with a touch screen. Can someone give me their opinion on which one they think is better?

I really just plan on using it for reading and such. Maybe a few games though.

Best Answer

Hi beachic, I would only recommend a touch screen device as when you read a physical book you just flip the pages and not pressing buttons. Kindles are OK but no the best on the market as according to Consumer Reports, CNET, PCWORLD, etc. pro reviews Nook Simple Touch is the best eReader out there. E-Ink Nook Simple Touch from Barnes & Noble at $99 (without ads) has twice the battery life of Kindle ($139 without ads), faster page turns than Kindle, and microSD card slot to expand capacity that neither Kindle has. With Nook you can checkout eBooks from public libraries - just need to get Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) software (free from Adobe site). Also it's worth mentioning that if you walk in with any Nook to Barnes & Noble store, you'll get tech support and you’re allowed to read ANY available eBook for free while in the store via free provided in the store Wi-Fi where Nook eBook store has over 2.5 million of paid books and about the same number of free public domain books. Nook already has Cloud as your ebooks are stored in your online library as well as downloaded to your device. Nook Simple Touch actually has a hidden web browser - just press the virtual "Search" button at the bottom of your Nook's screen and key a URL into the search bar when it comes up.

It is all personal preference! The Kindle with the touch screen sometimes lags because of the internal processor while having a keyboard takes away the ability for touch screen games. It is all in what you are buying the kindle for!

I've been using touch since first touch was launched...so I would like to use Keypad now.

The faster the processor the better the touch screen response

I use keypad and i find it much better, i don't have to struggle with the touch

You can also use semi touch?