Is it okay to wear black dress on my wedding day?

Im getting married on 31st Dec, and its only a small ceremony with friends (no families at all) like 5 peoples. So i got my self little black dress (look good on me and its really pretty). Idk if its okay, I mean is there any wrong wearing black dress on my wedding day? Thanks!

Favorite Answer

It's not traditional, but there is nothing wrong with it either. It should make for a nice contrast between the dress and any flowers/decorations in the room (assuming they're a fairly light color)

• MissE

Of course it is if it is your choice.

White for weddings is a recent tradition it used to be way way in the far past white for funerals and black for weddings.

• Nox

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. I intend on wearing black for my wedding as well. Do what makes you feel good, no one else's opinions matter.

its fine - you're having a very small wedding,what would the point be in wasting £500+ on a dress?if its still bothering you though,why don't you pick up a simple white dress and wear that instead?

• Kayla

Of course! it's YOUR wedding day. Not all brides wear white dresses to their weddings, it depends on the bride's preference.

Obviously it's your right to wear whatever you want, but honestly I think it'd bring bad luck. Black dresses usually connotate either promiscuity or funerals.

It's totally fine! Whatever you both want is the most important thing.

It may not be a good idea if your fiance is also wearing a black suit. Maybe you don't have to wear white but i think you should save black for a funeral. If your going for simple, maybe a nice plain white maxi dress would look nice.

• Kelly

Yes, that's fine.

of course it's ok