Is it okay to wear black dress on my wedding day?

Im getting married on 31st Dec, and its only a small ceremony with friends (no families at all) like 5 peoples. So i got my self little black dress (look good on me and its really pretty). Idk if its okay, I mean is there any wrong wearing black dress on my wedding day? Thanks!

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It's not traditional, but there is nothing wrong with it either. It should make for a nice contrast between the dress and any flowers/decorations in the room (assuming they're a fairly light color)

• MissE
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

Of course it is if it is your choice.

White for weddings is a recent tradition it used to be way way in the far past white for funerals and black for weddings.

• Nox
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. I intend on wearing black for my wedding as well. Do what makes you feel good, no one else's opinions matter.

• 8 years ago

its fine - you're having a very small wedding,what would the point be in wasting £500+ on a dress?if its still bothering you though,why don't you pick up a simple white dress and wear that instead?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Kayla
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

Of course! it's YOUR wedding day. Not all brides wear white dresses to their weddings, it depends on the bride's preference.

• 8 years ago

Obviously it's your right to wear whatever you want, but honestly I think it'd bring bad luck. Black dresses usually connotate either promiscuity or funerals.

• 8 years ago

It's totally fine! Whatever you both want is the most important thing.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

It may not be a good idea if your fiance is also wearing a black suit. Maybe you don't have to wear white but i think you should save black for a funeral. If your going for simple, maybe a nice plain white maxi dress would look nice.

• Kelly
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Yes, that's fine.

• 8 years ago

of course it's ok

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.