Why do people look down at mcdonalds employees?

I am a manager at Mcdonalds, i have been working there for three years. Customers, friends, and family look down at me because I work in mcdonalds! I had a customer today who said I have no life because I only work in mcdonalds!! it happens every time when i have to work most of the customers are rude to us. when... show more I am a manager at Mcdonalds, i have been working there for three years. Customers, friends, and family look down at me because I work in mcdonalds! I had a customer today who said I have no life because I only work in mcdonalds!! it happens every time when i have to work most of the customers are rude to us. when people in college ask me where I work as soon as I tell them Mcdonalds they start making fun of me, they think I am not cool, and they look down at me! I am so depressed honestly, it is soo anyoying! I mean i go to college full time and I am working full time, why people have no respect for mcdonalds employees? I know rude customers are in every job, but it happens a lot to mcdonalds emplpyees and it is obvious!!!! They look down at us thinking we're stupid and less than them!! It is not my fault that I was born poor and I have to work! at least I have a job :(
19 answers 19