Tight socks cut off circulation?

I wore tight socks to bed last night, and I think I slept for a good 12 hours with them

on... When I took them off I had red lines on my skin... I didn't think much of it cuz I thought they would go away... It's been like 10 hours since I took the socks off... And the marks are still there... They haven't faded at all.... o.O... And it hurts when i press down on it....Is this bad??? Is it going to scar??? I've tried rubbing it and putting lotion on it but nothings working :/

Plz help!!! Thanks:)

Favorite Answer

As long as your foot or toes are not blue, this is fine. It's not bad, it won't scar, and it will go away in a day or two. They are just indentations in the skin and sub-Q tissue from the tight bands. Rubbing and lotion probably won't help, but it won't hurt either. I bet the marks will be gone tomorrow.

I would not wear those socks again, though = )

Have a great holiday!!

Source(s): many years in the medical field pro bono consultant for medical accuracy in film, television and printed fiction