Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in Games & RecreationGambling · 9 years ago

what are the odds of hitting the same number twice on a roulette table?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • pdq
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I'll be extra clear by showing 2 different ways to think of it.

If you were to already spin a "16", for example, and you ask, "What are the odds of hitting 16 on the very next spin?", then the odds are exactly the same as they always are: 37 to 1. (1 out of 38 is the chance.)

That's the same for ANY number that has just come up. Most likely, this is the answer you were looking for. You walk up to a roulette table, you see a number has been spun, and you're wondering what the odds are of hitting that same number. It's ALWAYS 37 to 1 against that number repeating. No more and no less.

HOWEVER, if instead you walked up to a table and were wondering, "In these next 2 spins in a row, what are the odds of hitting specifically the number "16" on BOTH spins?", that would be different.

The odds against you hitting 2 specific numbers 2 times in a row are 1,443 to 1 against you. (1 out of 1,444 is the chance.)

Again, this is the same for ANY number. Not just 16, of course.

• 4 years ago

Roulette Number Odds

• 5 years ago

Assuming you are playing on a double zero wheel, the straight odds of the same number hitting four times in ten spins is about 300 to 1. The factor that everyone seems to be leaving out is the human one. As a roulette dealer and someone still employed in the business for almost 30 years, I can tell you that an experienced dealer can hit the same section of numbers almost every spin. For example, if I am dealing to a stiff (someone winning a bunch, but not tipping), or perhaps someone who's drunk, just being rude or is very difficult to deal to, I'll vary my wheel rotation speed and release point on my spin to purposely miss them and hit the sections they are not betting.

• terri
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

Make Money Use Roulette Reaper!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

Worlds Best Roulette Betting Software : http://roulette.neatprim.com/

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

417 / 401

• 4 years ago

whataboutthesamenumberrepeatingthreetimes

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.