Christians, you can be Christian and accept both the big bang theory and evolution, got it?

Yup, what ever no true Scotsman argument you throw at me I am a Christian and accept evolution and the big bang theory.

If you chose to post your hate towards a fellow Christian, just know it reaffirms my faith and is making me accept both theories more and more.

You just need to realize lots of Christians accept evolution and the big bang and you are no more Christian than they are, and you make yourself look silly by disagreeing.

@ JS: It is very refreshing to be able to talk to you without any mean comments, both mine or yours. As Mark O posted, I just believe a day in God's eyes is not the same as a day in mans eyes. We have different view points, but the result message is the same, we believe in God the Creator being responsible for life as we know it.

@ JS: I don't question the bible, I simply say that a day in God's eyes is different than a day in our eyes. I don't seek to change your mind on something so large, I just seek to make you realize we are on the same side. If I am wrong I very much doubt God will have qualms with my opinion on how he made the world come to be, as in the end, it doesn't affect me in the slightest on my beliefs or how I live my life.

As you have stated before, belief and following Christ are the only mark of a true Christian, how we think it all came to be is so small and insignificant it should hardly put us against one another.

@ JS: You posted more while I was writing my last reply up, it is late where I live at the moment and therefore I post slower.

@ JS: I'm far too tired at this point to fight, but I am glad to see we can debate without being rude to one another. It makes me very happy that we both could come to an agreement to be sensible to one another. In the end, I believe you are a fellow Christian, even if you don't hold me in such regard.

Also it is 2am here, and I've been up for more than 24 hours.

• Nous
    Favorite Answer

The Pope, Catholic Church, Church of England and mainstream churches all accept the big bang and evolution!

Lord Carey the former Archbishop of Canterbury put it rather well – “Creationism is the fruit of a fundamentalist approach to scripture, ignoring scholarship and critical learning, and confusing different understandings of truth”!

Nice that christians and atheists can agree and laugh together even if it is at fundie expense!

But behind the laughter is the despair at the fundamentalists striving so hard to destroy christianity by turning it from a religion to an ideology!

Surveys suggest that 29% of American christians are so extremist in their beliefs that they fall well outside of the accepted bounds of christianity!

You cannot be a christian and accept the theory of Evolution because the Bible says that God created everything in seven literal days.

Exodus 20:8-11

8Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

9Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

10But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

11For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it

If the theory of Evolution is really true, why are there so many missing intermediate fossils in the fossil record. There are literally millions of missing fossils that logically should be abundant, but just aren't found. For those who are reading this and don't know what an intermediate fossil is, let me give an example.

In the English alphabet, we have the letters a, b, c, d......all the way to the letter z. In the fossil record, we have fossil "a" and fossil "z", but all the fossils in between are just not found anywhere. These are the intermediate fossils. If lets say a whale evolved into a zebra over millions of years, there should be millions upon millions of fossils that show how the whale evolved and changed over that time period.

Here are some quotes: (with there references)

"A persistent problem in evolutionary biology has been the absense of intermediate forms in the fossil record.

...Typically, the record consists of successive ancestor-descendant lineages, morphologically invariant through time and unconnected by intermediates."

(Williamson, P.G.,Paleontological Documentation of Speciation in Cenazoic Molluscs from Turkana Basin, 1982, p.163)

"The number of intermediate variaties, which have formerly existed must be truly enormous. Why then is not every geological formation and every stratum full of such intermediate links? Geology assuredly does not reveal any such finely graduated organic chain; and this, perhaps is the most obvious and serious objection which can be urged against the theory."

(Darwin, Charles, Origin of Species, 6th edition, 1902 p.341-342)

"Given that evolution, according to Darwin, was in a continual state of motion... it followed logically that the fossil record should be rife with examples of transitional forms leading from the less to more evolved...Instead of filling the gaps in the fossil record with so-called missing links, most palaeontologists found themselves facing a situation in which there were only gaps in the fossil record, with no evidence of transformational intermediates between documented fossil species."

(Schwartz, Jeffrey H., Sudden Origins, 1999, p.89)

[The Evolution theory]"Is still, as it was in Darwin's time, a highly speculative hypothesis entirely without direct factual support and very far from that self evident axiom some of its more aggressive advocates would have us believe"

(Australian molecular biologist, medical doctor and agnostic, Michael Denton; Evolution: A theory in Crisis, 1986, p.77)

Another thing is that if you look at the fossil record, apparently all the light organisms are found near the top of the soil, and all the heavy or large fossils are deep under ground. Paleontologists say that this is because the organisms at the bottom (the heavy fossils) existed at a more prehistoric time (longer ago) than the ones near the top. However this is just how animals flout. If there was a worldwide cataclysmic flood like the great flood mentioned in the book of Genesis, the heavier organisms, like the molluscs and dinosaurs would've sinked to the bottom, and the lighter organisms would've flouted near the top, and so they would've fossilized.

There are about six different types of evolution. You get Cosmic Evolution, Stellar and Planetary Evolution, Chemical Evolution, Organic Evolution, Macro-Evolution, and Micro-Evolution. Out of all these, only Micro-Evolution or Natural Selection can actually be proven. For the rest of them to be fact, you need to have faith just like you need faith to believe in God.

• el atlatl
      5 years agoReport

No True Christian would deny the facts of evolution.

The Bible is our Guide for life and until a person decides to give up self, Pride, Ones own beliefs out side of Christ Teachings and knows in his heart that from Genesis to Revelation is Gods Word and, We have been bought with a price and no longer belong to self.. This means that Evolution and the big Bang Theory is OUT. Humility is in and dieing to self is daily.I am just repeating what God says. My opinions are not worth a grain of salt, but Only Christs Word have value.In love I share this to my sisters and brothers. Do as you will. Love in Jesus' Gospel and I do not say who is saved but Only God knows your heart. We are to encourage each other in the Gospel..YES? don't you agree?

Source(s): KJV Hope this helps you in the Light God gives us.

one of the first scientists to suggest that Einsteins General theory of Relativity was a roman catholic Priest in the Vatican science department before 1920 and the Hubble Evidence for it

Darwin was a religious person of his time and new that including humans would cause controversy

one of the greatest Evolutionary thinkers , Pierre Tielhard deChardin tries to reconcile purposeless natural selection with a purposeful evolution toward the "Omega"godhood

Why would a god give us the intelligence to understand the universe and then mislead us

Humans are only beginning tuo undestand the universe

"goddidit" is NOT theology

Source(s): educated
  • Yes but the bible says don't lie .

so i don't believe lies like evolution and the big bang

I don't know why some christian can't see what evolution and the big bang does..............

Atheist are already saying that evolution and the big bang eliminates a chance for a GOD

open mindedness -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljhog6HsQ7c

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=channel_video_title

*We have different view points*

Yes,that is the problem..................

This is not the erasable bible

If you question genesis then i guess i can question John 3:16

Even that guy

Richard darkiwns said "Theistic evolutionist are more deluded then creationist

"Link-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAbpfn9QgGA

Youtube thumbnail

&list=UUNYHIPRt3QmzQXv1WPqyoEg&feature=plcp

Instead of GODdidt

it is GOD help do it

Did GOD help with gravity also ?

Even skeptics will usually agree that it is impossible to harmonize the Bible's account of creation with evolution. We found this comment on a skeptics' bulletin board early in 2002:

“I don't see how you can reconcile the facts of evolution and an old earth with Genesis … I mean really, Adam and Eve, though fictional, are described as real people in Bible genealogies, as is Noah. There's nothing in the creation and flood stories which indicates it's to be treated differently from stories of identical context like David and Goliath, Elijah going into heaven, and so on.

“Some say the creation story happened over millions of years. But it says 'there was evening and there was morning, the _th (whatever) day'. Seems to mean a real day. Also the order of creation is way out of line: sun & stars after the earth and vegetation; flying creatures before land ones; domestic animals (cattle) created before humans, just to name some. And how do you reconcile billions of years of death and suffering of animals with a perfect, death-free creation?”

Christians who say they believe the Bible but then try to water it down by saying they also believe evolution and an old earth are doing great damage to Christianity. That kind of Christian will never influence skeptics who can see through their contradictory arguments.

So theistic evolutionists — those who think that God used evolution to create the world — are really stretching the facts, and are left trying to defend a theory that harmonizes with neither textbook evolution nor with the Bible.

add it is 12 midnight here

@Hugo

no you are a christian because i see what you believe .

your not a mary fanatic

Source(s): Add how we think it all came to be is so small and insignificant it should hardly put us against one another. Yes,for now it is insignificant but later you will have a big problem.

Okay then you want to call God a liar, Fine so be it. God said He's the Creator and that He created everything in 6 days. The bible is the word of God so Genesis is literal.

The creation days couldn't have been anything but literal 24 hour days. Evening passed and morning came all 6 days of the creation week.

"I just believe a day in God's eyes is not the same as a day in mans eyes"

That may be true but they were literal days. God was setting up our work week you know 6 days of work and one day of rest.

Evolution is about things evolving and getting better. If evolution is true why is the old that we were 'evolved' from still here? Wouldn't monkeys or apes or whatever you believe have died out with time? Why haven't we evolved? Why is humans the last things? We're not as good as we can be so why have we not evolved? Hm?

• muley

What a great question and agree with all you state. The amount of times I have answered a Church question and got e-mailed with a bible quote rant makes these people look very one tracked minded.

God gave us a mind to use, to explore, not to follow.

well genesis seems easily defeated by evolution but it isn't. fellow Christian the bible says God created man Im his image. now God is a spirit and he made us in our own likeness and gave us dominion over beast and fish and birds. he did not naked us as beast then change to men.

Genesis 1:28

King James Version (KJV)

28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Brother it doesn't matter If every Christian agrees with scientist, the word of God is superior. who will you believe God or man?

@Hugo Did you read my question?

• DaveD

I agree.... and the Bible clearly does as well once you go beyond what the meaning of "words" are and discover the meaning behind sentences, paragraphs and chapters.

Genesis 1 can actually be seen to clearly agree with not only the Big Bang (VERY clearly) but also the concepts of Pangea, abiogenesis, AND evolution.