Really good cookie recipes?

i need a good cookie rcipe. i dont have any chocolate chips oats or molasses. an i dnt like sugar cookies unless you have a really good recipe for it an it has to have a good flavour besides dough sugar. i dont wana go out an buy stuff its too cold. thanks and God Bless. oh an try not to list peanut butter cookies. Merry Christmas

Favorite Answer

Thick, Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

The last trick to getting a really thick, chewy cookie is to chill the dough before you bake it. You can scoop it and then chill it, or, if you’re like us, scoop it, freeze them and store them in a freezer bag so you can bake them as you wish. I find they’re always thicker when baked from the cold — only a couple extra minutes baking is needed.

This is a half recipe. It makes a couple dozen standard-size cookies. (I get more because I make them tinier.) I always feel like I’m swimming in cookies when I make the full volume, but if you’re feeding a crowd, go ahead and double it.

1/2 cup (1 stick or 4 ounces) butter, softened

2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed

1 egg

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

3/4 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon salt (I often use a half teaspoon, but I like more salt in my baked goods)

1 1/2 cups rolled oats

3/4 cup raisins

1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)

Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).

In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth. In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together. Stir this into the butter/sugar mixture. Stir in the oats, raisins and walnuts, if using them.

At this point you can either chill the dough for a bit in the fridge and then scoop it, or scoop the cook

My grandmother used to make these for me and my family on Christmas! I hope you'll like them.

1 c. butter

2 c. sugar

2 eggs

1 grated nutmeg

1 tsp. salt

3 1/2 c. flour

4 tsp. baking powder

tsp. vanilla

Cream butter and sugar. Add beaten eggs. Add nutmeg and vanilla. Sift flour, baking powder, salt and add gradually to butter mixture. Chill dough. Roll out into a very thin layer and cut out with cookie cutter. (Our favorite was always a Christmas tree.) Bake 5-6 minutes at 400 degrees. WATCH CAREFULLY AS THEY CAN BURN VERY EASILY.

Frost with basic butter cream frosting made with confectioners' sugar, colored to match whatever shape you have chosen. Decorate with little silver candy balls to give the effect of ornaments on the tree. You can find these among cake decorating items.

Hope I helped , xoxo (:

Chocolate chip butter cookies

• nano

to your basic cookie recipe, add 1 quarter teaspoon of almond extract same with with the vanilla and nutmeg. a shake of Cinnamon will be good.

Source(s): that's what i do with plain doughy sugar cookie recipes.. people love it and ask for the recipe. no, recipe, just my concoction. lol, and i tell them that.
  • Q-mama

I just made these this afternoon. They have a richer flavor than traditional sugar cookies. I sprinkled colored sugar on them when they came out. Yum.

http://www.crisco.com/Recipes/Details.aspx?recipeI...