Does the confederate Flag offend you?

I'm a 14 year old black female living down south in north carolina :P I have friends of every race and a lot of them are white but they still wear confederate flags, and I don't know why it bothers me so much even though they say "I'm not racist" They ask me why I get offended because i know they aren't racists but I don't see the meaning of wearing something like that you know?

your opinions?

Best Answer

I am from Louisiana , I drew a picture of a Confederate Flag and put it on my Guitar ..... So does that make me racist , no ...... I just means that I respect my home land ...... Skin is just a color .......

To me , the Confederate Flag is Heritage not Hate.......

• I live in California so I've never seen the Confederate flag raised, but as an American citizen who believes in equality. I would find that downright offensive. The south broke apart because they were pro-slavery and the north was against it. The civil war was fought to end slavery and reunite the country, to see someone raise the confederate flag is pretty wrong in my opinion. But then again, It's all a matter of perspective. They could just have it raised because it is part of their and Americans history.

• Breezy

The Confederate flag is a representation of that areas history. It just so happens that the history of the Confederate flag is paired next to slavery(which they supported) so it indirectly becomes a reminder/symbol of racism.

• Éilis

A flag shouldn't offend you.. that's a bit petty. It's like the British flag offending me because of the 800 years of slavery, genocide and oppression in Ireland but it doesn't. It's just a flag.

I'm from the north but a bunch of FFA (future farmers of america) hick kids wear a bunch on confed. flag stuff. I don't really pay mind to it in my school the confed. flag is pretty much a sign that your a hick.

WELL Ait does not bother me, but i really dont see it that much in the north.

• April

It's offensive. I'm from Canada so we don't really see it much, but it's link to slavery makes it inappropriate.

im black but i rlly dn get offened where i live theres TONS of confederate flags espically in the boons unfortunatly thts were ii live but sum1 tld mee tht blacks actually marched/wlkd with that flag (idk if thts tru)

Yes it is a bit offensive, but it could be a a lot worse.