Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 8 years ago

Is my zombie story good?

The first chapter is about the main character, Abigail, at 10 years old. She has to evacuate her home with her parents when people infected with S-FX5 (that's the zom virus in my story, these zombies are very fast and eventually mutate) start attacking the neighborhood. Her father and herself make it away in a police car, but her mother is eaten by zombies. Six years later, we resume at a safe village where Abigail lives with about 50-75 people. The youths there are taught to defend themselves and the Elders (adults who lived through the outbreak) make the rules. But one day when Abigail and some friends take a dangerous hunting trip in the forest, the safe village is overrun by zombies and all of the elders are killed. Abigail and a few other teens have to travel over a huge area of zom-infested wilderness to find a safe village they aren't even sure exists. Sound good? Tips?

Favorite Answer

That sound amazing so far tell me where your gonna publish it!The last part sounds like the hunger Games! I think it's a great idea! (:

Are you aware that the main character is usualy who the story is gear toward.

Like the Golden Girls on tv was for the elderly market. and twilight was aimed at high school girls.

As you have a 16 year old girl means your audience will probably be kids. I for one wouldnt want to read about some 16 year old and zombies.

I find the plot predictable. Survivors escape and go build a safe haven. they get too comfortable and then when they least expect it zombies attack.

and other survivros are looking for that long lost supposedly existing safe haven.

come on... make it UNpredictable. throw in some twist s and turns that the read will NOT expect.

The elder thing and the youth thing happening just 6 years later isnt reality. In 6 years time people are trying to REBUILD what they lost and we dont have that ELDER mentality. That is something of the past. Today we shun the elderly and place them in old folks homes and try to take all of their social security to cover the rising costs of medicare.

as far as them making Rules. I doubt kids nowadays would even listen to someone older then them 'making the rules" because if their parents are gone and they are alone then they will be in HEAVEN except for the zombies.

BE REAL! For kids it they will have to scavenge for their food and they will pick snack food! or anything loaded with sugar!

anyone who is in control will be the bad kids! because they CAN! they will realize they have the power and the ELDERS cant back up what they say. THugs can!

• Tee

I really like this idea A LOT A LOT A LOT!!!

Seriously, I think you should totally write it!

My only concern is that the plot sounds similar to that of a book called "The Forest of Hands and Teeth." Now, I personally haven't read this book, but I have looked into reading it (and I've read what it's about which is why I say that they sound similar). Just make sure before you start writing that your book isn't going to end up too closely to that of a fairly popular book (because I know that it involves zombies, people living in a safe village, and having to make it out of a forest, etc.).

I hope you write a zombie story like this though! It sounds awesome!

hope this helps!!! good luck!!! :)

• jesni

companies seize zombies and rigidity them to artwork retail each and every time they eat a human, they get smarter because the zombie chance grows, the authorities begs the clinical community for concepts. One scientist has an unusual plan: deliver again the dinosaurs. One tyrannosaurus rex as against a protection rigidity of the undead. The contributors of a cult are particularly upset by using the afterlife: eternity as a flesh-eating zombie. The zombies are all former celebrities the authorities spends many years scuffling with the zombie chance, in spite of the undeniable fact that it purely receives worse. in some unspecified time sooner or later, a telepathic NSA agent discovers something scary: the zombies are questioning. by using a nutrition scarcity, the zombies are captured and eaten by using the residing A tobacco corporation invents a sparkling cigarette that doesn’t reason maximum cancers or heart ailment. It does make you between the undead, yet a minimum of you get to smoke… because the kind of zombies grows, the individuals in Washington ask your self in the adventure that they ought to easily accept the right to vote. at the same time as the authorities is going to conflict with a tiny, center jap united states of america, the infantrymen run right into somewhat problem: no count number what number circumstances they shoot the enemy, they save getting again up. A puppy save is uncovered to chemical guns, killing the animals interior. the save clerk is nervous to discover that the animals don’t comprehend they’re lifeless… a lady is compelled to provide up her toddler for adoption. 20 years later, her son contraptions off in search for of his delivery mom. regrettably, he’s been lifeless for 6 months… Radiation brings the figures at a wax museum to life, and they chance the encompassing city. issues get a lot worse at the same time as the wax figures hit upon that protecting corpses in wax brings them to life, to boot. An actor in a low-funds zombie action picture discovers that his costars are certainly zombies being managed by using the director.

Very nice. The only thing i can think of that you might want to add is where they heard of another village. You could also make it quite... whats the word? Philosophical? No... oh well as i was saying you could make it hard for her to kill zombies, because its like killing humans and she has to come to terms with the fact that they are not. Hope this helped.

When I saw the words zombie-story, I automatically thought "no", but this actually sounds pretty interesting:)

This book sounds amazing ! I would definitely read it ! I'm in love with The Walking Dead, so I'm excited about your story. Congratulations !

it sounds really really good!

but there has to be a twist right?