Reading suggestions: Fantasy?

I love Tolkien, The Sword of Truth series, The Faerie Wars Chronicles, as well as classic fairy tales. Not a big fan of Beastly or Twilight, though.

So, based on that, can someone please help me with figuring out what to read next?

Thank you so much! :)

Yeah, I wouldn't consider Twilight to be fantasy either, but seeing as it has the whole vampire thing (weather they sparkle or not) I guess it technically is fantasy. And I didn't want people to keep telling me to read them, so that is why I mentioned it lol

Favorite Answer

* Elenium and Tamuli series - David Eddings

* Belgariad and Mallorean series - David Eddings

* Artemis Fowl - Eoin Colfer

* Harry Potter - J.K. Rowling

* The Inheritance Cycle - Christopher Paolini

* Song of Ice & Fire series - George RR Martin

* Night Angel series - Brent Weeks

* Rightwar and Midkemia series - Raymond E. Feist

* Graceling - Kristin Cashore

* Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn series - Tad Williams

* Shannara series - Terry Brooks

* Wheel of Time series - Robert Jordan

* Codex Alera series - Jim Butcher

* Sword of Truth series - Terry Goodkind

* The Earthsea series - Ursala K. Le Guin

* The Chronicles of Narnia - C.S. Lewis

* The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series - Michael Scott

* Inkheart trilogy - Cornelia Funke

* A Kiss in Time - Alex Flinn

* Percy Jackson and the Olympians series - Rick Riordan

* Nightshade series - Andrea Cremer

* Mortal Instruments series - Cassandra Clare

* The Hunger Games trilogy - Suzanne Collins

* Uglies series - Scott Westerfield

* The Wolves of Mercy Falls series - Maggie Stiefvader

* Alice's Adventures in Wonderland - Lewis Carroll

* The Tales of the Brothers' Grimm

* Vampire Academy - Richelle Mead

* The works of Hans Christian Anderson.

* His Dark Materials trilogy - Philip Pullman

Hope that helps! :)

• GOODD

Twilight is romance, not fantasy.

Check out the Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley, The Forever King and (the sequel) The Broken Sword by Warren Murphy and someone else.

ETA: Anita Blake is good but her later novels include some scenes that are pretty hard core porn.

The Song of Ice and Fire series started really strong and then just went to hell after the second book. The series started strong and I don't know if the Author lost interest or not but the last two books are atrocious.

Terry Brooks. He has three series going. The Shannara series which... kind of landed fantasy on the NYtimes bestseller list when it came out, great epic save the world from the evil warlock that evolved into this awesome world with great characters and wonderful stories. There's the Word and the Void which is more modern fantasy. And the Landover books that are about a guy who buys a Magic Kingdom for a Million Dollars and it is actually real.

Jim Butcher. He has two. The Codex Alera are a swords and horses style fantasy. They're about the one guy in his world who can't control elemental furies like everyone else, and he gets more brilliant things done than a lot of people. And then there is the Dresden Files. They are Urban Fantasy about the only Wizard in the phone book, he's sarcastic and funny and sort of a private detective.

Percy Jackson

Source(s): Me

Jonathan Stroud novels are always good. Pathfinder by Orson Scott Card is great. If you wanna go for a little more sci-fi-ish stuff, Interworld by Neil Gaiman is fabulous. AND, I always have to suggest The Book Thief. It's historical fiction, but it is beautifully written and my favorite book ever!

Source(s): An avid middle school reader
  • sole

Omg, I examine any e book it incredibly is robust to boot. Um i could propose a number of those following books with some information: a million. i'm selection 4: some books tend to be boring interior the middle or besides the fact that, yet enable me help you recognize this e book replaced into certainly mind-blowing. conceal to hide! 2. the gorgeous Little Liars series: Um, I examine the entire series and it replaced into descant. I propose in case you have not something to envision it incredibly is a few thing you could wanna star. In some books there's slightly repetition, however the tale line is honestly stable. 3. Beastly: for my area i've got not examine this e book, however the action picture replaced into great> i'm going to quickly examine it, and im effective this is going to be a stable examine. 4. The Giver!: I examine this e book in seventh grade and it replaced into soooo stable. unlike many different tale line! 5.Tuck eternal: I examine this isn 5th grade it replaced into this form of sturdy e book! alongside with the place the crimson furn grows. those e book sound like those previous grainy novels, yet they're sooo stable, and that i garuntee you will adore them! once you assert you examine Twilight, did you propose the entire series or in simple terms the 1st one? If not i desire you examine all of them, fairly Breaking sunrise.

Try a Song of Ice and Fire or The Wheel Of Time series. They are both great.

A song of ice and fire by George R.R. Martin.

Percy Jackson... AH JINKX.

\/